PDA

View Full Version : A few final questions about Cal. Reactor

Rigby
06/06/2000, 04:38 PM
I am just about finished building my cal. reactor and need to figure out fittings sizes. I have decided to "t" off from my return from the sump to feed my reactor and am planning on using 1/2" tubing as the "feed line". Is this OK?

I have a 1/4" brass fitting at the top of my reactor. Is this OK for the effulent line going to my sump and what kind of valve do I use to control the amount of effulent getting out?

And finally, What size are the fittings that come on needle valves? What size tubing will I be using to feed the reactor? Is it just regular airling tubing and if so would it be ok to just use the plastice airline nipples?

If anyone can help with these questions or give me some guiandance from experience it would be greatly appreciated.
Glen

geo
06/07/2000, 05:02 AM
HI Glenn,
I do not think brass would be the besst thing to use in a reef aquarium. It is a mix of cooper and bonze, I thnk. You may want to check that out.
The needle valve I use fits air line tube.

------------------
george w.

my diy skimmer/reactor (http://hometown.aol.com/geos75reef/index.html)

Rigby
06/07/2000, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the info. I will replace the brass with plastic. I have decided to use 3/16th nipples on the bubble counter and input for the co2, 1/2 barbs on the water from return line, and 1/4" for the effulent return to the sump with a needle vavle on the return line. I'll just see how it all works out.
glen