PDA

View Full Version : My clown

Carl
01/01/2002, 08:47 PM
I'm happy to report my clown is still OK. He new friend I think is reinvigorating him. However I've noticed now kind of a white stringy filament from I guess his anus. What is that? It does take a while to finally come off, but then another starts forming. I think that's what causing his blues. Anyone have an idea, internal parasitemaybe??

eco-tropic
01/02/2002, 12:31 AM
Glad to hear that your clown is doing better. White stringy crap hanging from his anus could be a few things. It can be caused by an internal parasite or bacterial/viral infection. It can be caused by stress and/or adapting to new surroundings or diets. It can also be a sign of constipation! You can try the following you help eliminate the prospects of internal parasites and constipation. You'll need two saturate the fishes favorite food with garlic extract and fish oil. Use the best garlic extract you can find in liquid form. If you have a health food store near by they should carry it. As far as the fish oil is concerned I've been using Walgreens Brand Fish Oil Concentrate "Soft gels". Just poke a hole into one of the soft gels and squeeze it on the food. This concoction over a one week period will kill almost any internal parasite and put your clown onto the path of regularity.

Carl
01/03/2002, 07:37 PM
Thanks eco-tropic. I will get the garlic cocktail, and go to it. He went nuts with home grown live brine shrimp before it all happened. I can't see how to use this garlic with the live brine, so I will go pick up some dried ones. That should work.
carl.