PDA

View Full Version : Cheap B-Ionic

enutees
04/28/2000, 08:48 PM
Hey, I just went to a web site that someone was plugging over on reefs.org

They have b-ionic for $19.99 for the two gallong size.
www.reefstore.com (http://www.reefstore.com)

Their website looks like it was made today though. Not a lot to it. Don't know if they are worth a crap or not. I'm ordering some because I haven't gotten my calc reactor yet and I'm almost out of b-ionic.

Gus Paz
04/28/2000, 10:25 PM
I was thinking of trying this stuff. Have you been happy with it??

ladyballplayer
04/28/2000, 11:21 PM
I know this place. It's not too far from my home and the store name is The Reef Tank. They are very small but have very good prices on everything and do a lot of propogating and tank raising of anything they can. I like them and have bought a few corals from them.

The site has been up fir a while but revamped recently. I'd go fo it!

------------------
LadyBallPlayer
http://www.geocities.com/ladybeachlover

enutees
04/29/2000, 12:49 AM
Gus Paz, I would say b-ionic is in my opinion the best way to keep your alk and calcium level without a calc reactor.

If you can afford it, I'd go with a calcium reactor. But if you are using Sea chem stuff or Kent stuff I'd say go with the B-ionic. I have had good luck with it. It is a ***** to dose everyday though.

Doug1
04/29/2000, 01:06 AM
LBP, since they are capitolizing on the name perhaps they will kick down with some freebies :D Pull it off and you can share in the loot, Hehehe uh oh, another one of them crossposts involving shameless plugs and begging. Better go before Larry sends Q and Reefjunkie to have a little talk with me :eek:
PS looking to get B-Ionic from my LFS so that I too can have coralline bigger than a wyoming sky and hide all that garf rock :cool:

------------------
Reef as though your life depended on it, yours might but the sea's does.........Doug ReefCentral/ReefTank moderator

Rinaldi
04/29/2000, 06:11 AM
The Reef Tank in Virginia (Reefstore.com) is a great lfs specializing in Reef tanks - You can trust the owners. I think their Website is still very much under development - and I didn't even know they did mail order. I buy all livestock and liverock there, and occasionally even dry goods/equipment since they have almost MO prices. Like Ladyball player said, they do alot of their own propogation. They post on another board as "reeftanklfs".

The only thing that gets me is that I paid $29.99 last week for the B-Ionic!

Nemo
04/29/2000, 06:56 AM
enutees,
I just bought the two gallon ESV B-ionic from this store and I am very happy with it. Keeps my ph at 8.4, alk at 11 dkh and my calcium at 400. You definatly can't beat the price they have. I bought it directly from the store.
True their online store is just getting started. I have heard they are going to offer alot more products soon. I have allways dealt with them in person and they are my favorite store as you can tell.

Nemo