PDA

View Full Version : NORA Meeting place poll

selgado
02/25/2005, 02:01 PM
Please vote for your most convenient location.

Dubbin1
02/25/2005, 02:37 PM
The meetings will move around from one location to another in order to keep everyone happy. Mike already stated that he would like to have the first meeting here in Findlay. Once we get that one out of the way and see who all shows up and from where then we can make adjustments from there. This would be a good reason for EVERYONE to show up to the first meeting so we can get this cleared up. What you northern people need to do is find a good spot for a meeting location that is easy to get to off of 75.

selgado
02/25/2005, 03:08 PM
That's just the thing a lot of people who live in other areas have stated they will not be showing up because of the location of the first meeting. If they don't show up, meeting places can't be adjusted. All the more reason to have the first meeting more centrally located then adjust from there.

As far as places to meet of 75, the cracker barrel's got pretty good food at a good price. And Perrysburg Aquarium is real easy to get to from there. Gary runs one of the most conciencious saltwater stores around. He's really been getting in a lot of nice corals lately too. He says he just signed a aggressive buying contract with his suppliers. He had to set up an additional 180 gallon tank to handle the extra livestock. He also has a pretty large coral pond and about 6 or 7 75 gallon tanks filled with corals.

Mike_McBrien
02/25/2005, 07:21 PM
Slgado can you get me the phone and directions for Gary's store, So that I can give him a buzz and see what we can work out.

I really appreciate your help with this, and thanks for being involved!

bigbenji
02/26/2005, 01:02 AM
Perrysburg Aquarium
Louisiana Ave. & W. Fifth St.
(in a small shopping center, no
address in phone book)
Perrysburg OH

419-874-6504
be sure to ask for Gary

There's a restaurant called Peppercorn's
in the same building. Ask if he can set
something up with them.

bashduo
02/26/2005, 09:18 AM
We voted for BG, but will come to the meeting (wherever it is). Let's get this going!! :)

22caddy
02/26/2005, 01:16 PM
I feel Perrysburg or BG would be the best. What I am concerned more about is day and time. I work third shift and my schedule is completely backwards of probably everyone else. How about some late saturday or sunday meetings?

bashduo
02/26/2005, 02:09 PM
We're up for just about any Fri. eve., Sat or Sun. - anywhere. It appears by the poll that both Perrysburg BG are popular. (At least with those who have answered the poll so far.) It would be nice to be able to visit an LFS as part of the meeting. I'm not aware of any LFS's in BG.

selgado
02/26/2005, 05:03 PM
I voted for BG too because that's the farthest I can probably stand in a car with my bad back. It would be nice to meet somewhere where there's a nice LFS also, which is why I think perrysburg will be nice. I'm just concerned about not getting any of you southerners up here.

I've never been to Peppercorn's, so I can't give any feedback.

bigbenji
02/27/2005, 02:37 AM
I only mentioned peppercorn's because its right next to the LFS. Actually with BG being right on I-75 and Rt. 6, it really is centrally located. Its right in the middle between Napoleon and Fremont, and almost midway between Findlay and Temperance MI. Having meetings in Findlay would benefit members from Wapokoneta, Marion, and places like Van Wert or Willard. I guess my point is this, I'd rather go to Detroit for a huge meeting (1 hour drive) than go to Findlay (45 minute drive) and not know what I'm in for.

selgado
02/27/2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by bencpht
...I'd rather go to Detroit for a huge meeting (1 hour drive) than go to Findlay (45 minute drive) and not know what I'm in for.

That's my thinking too.

Dubbin1
02/27/2005, 11:58 PM
Guys come on all we have said so far is that the first meeting will be in Findlay. Mike is working on getting one going in Perrysburg also. What kills me is that you guys complain about driving to Findlay but have no problem expecting us to drive to Perrysburg or Toledo (by the poll). How do you think the Lima people are feeling right now seeing that they will have an hour trip just to BG? Lets be a little more fare to everyone and just be happy that there is a club that we can all enjoy. I really don't care where they are at, I just want to get things started. I'm sure Mike didn't start this club just to start out with complaining before the first meeting. Give him a break and be happy that someone decided to start something for the area and IS willing and WILL make changes after the first meeting. This is all supposed to be about having fun, meeting new people and learning more about the hobby. To be honest with you, if I was Mike I would have said forget it by now.

selgado
02/28/2005, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Dubbin1
What kills me is that you guys complain about driving to Findlay but have no problem expecting us to drive to Perrysburg or Toledo (by the poll)... Mike didn't start this club just to start out with complaining before the first meeting...

I'm sorry, I didn't know that driving to Perrysburg or Toledo would be unnacceptable to you. I didn't read this in any of your posts. I thought we were still in the discussion phase of planning. We are just trying to discuss not complain. If we don't discuss then no one has a good idea where everyone stands.

No one is saying that you or Mike have to change anything. The poll is only meant to show where the most opportunity for turnout for the first club meeting lies, which is pretty crucial. Hopefully those who vote will notate any exceptions to their original vote. Such as I vote for xx city but would go as far as xx city.

This poll is simply a tool. Designed to be helpful. Mike and Dwayne I'm sorry if you feel I stepped on anyone's toes by conducting this poll. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I kind of came in pretty late in the initial discussions for the club. I just wanted to be helpful.

It would be nice if everyone can be a part of the 1st meeting but I guess that is just not feasible. I for one am not going to be upset if you guys decide to have the first meeting in Findlay anyway, just disappointed and looking forward that much more to a meeting closer to home that I can attend. :thumbsup:

Now...where did I put that feeding dome...

bigbenji
02/28/2005, 05:07 AM
Ask my wife and she'll tell you I'd drive to Kentucky for a gallon of milk. I love driving, and getting out of town. My problem is that my wife has no interest in the tank, and spending 3 hours (45 mins to get there, 1 1/2 hours at the meeting, 45 mins back) away from my 2 toddlers would certainly be a luxury. I'm scheduled to work on 3-4 until 8pm anyway, but I've requested a trade. I might just show up and bug you guys about the next meeting, heh heh. I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, I just want to join, and be able to make it to meetings.

bigbenji
02/28/2005, 05:09 AM
I'd also like to reach 100 posts and get rid of this avatar.

Toledofishguy
02/28/2005, 10:06 AM
I prefer Perrysburg, but I'd settle for BG for driving fairness reasons.

selgado
02/28/2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by bencpht
I'd also like to reach 100 posts and get rid of this avatar.

Me too. Hey wait, I could just bump this thread 5 more times. No ... that would be unethical. Darn ethics!!!

bashduo
02/28/2005, 05:39 PM
We're up for anywhere! Just name the time and place. - "Schedule it! and we will come..."

Mike_McBrien
02/28/2005, 07:07 PM
Again, I dont want to start any fights and I didnt not feel like my toes were being stepped on, but they may have been getting lil to close for comfort. jk. I am a really easy going guy and will have no problems with discussion.

In the poll thread I have indicated almost no intrest (spoken that is) from the Southern areas and I will be contacting Gray in perrysburg Tuesday and attempt to iron out something with him. I would definatl yprefer to have the meeting at a LFS if at all possible, or near one. I do not know how big his place is or what this peppercorns is like (as far as nice or clean).

Depending on how this convo with Gary goes we may end up meeting in Perrysburg and trying to get as many as possible for the first meeting.

For the first meeting I was planning on doing a meet-n-greet type thing then doing a small session on proper frag transport and acclimation. I figure this would be a good strating topic as its an easy topic to discuss and would be benefical for the upcoming swap and anyone who goes. Also would be good for those people that may be interested in going but are afraid of all of the crazy peopl ethat will be there!

I will definatly be posting a NEW topic tomorrow giving the exact details for this Fri (EEEK THATS SOON!) and I look foward to more discussion.

bigbenji
02/28/2005, 11:20 PM
Thats a sweet topic considering I've never done it but would like to. Perrysburg aquarium is big enough I think, if we don't mind standing in rows oogling at the tanks and probably not paying attention to who's talking.

selgado
03/01/2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Mike_McBrien
For the first meeting I was planning on doing a meet-n-greet type thing then doing a small session on proper frag transport and acclimation. I figure this would be a good strating topic as its an easy topic to discuss and would be benefical for the upcoming swap and anyone who goes. I will definatly be posting a NEW topic tomorrow giving the exact details for this Fri (EEEK THATS SOON!) and I look foward to more discussion.

That would definitely be helpful. Gary also has that room to the left just as you walk in that we could gather in.

selgado
03/01/2005, 10:11 PM
Everyone who subscribed to this thread be sure see the forum for the first NORA meeting plans.