PDA

View Full Version : Reefer visiting NO- where to shop?

clownandreeflover
02/24/2005, 11:25 AM
Hi
I live in Little Rock and I will be in New Orleans for a convention. I've seen mentioned on another post that Coral Connection, Aquatic Specialties and Rick's Reef are good places to go. I am not interested in anything particular but I have a few things in mind. If I was to pick one place to go, where should it be? I have a mixed reef so many things appeal to me. I am looking more for very special pieces, not just the run-of-the-mill corals. An awesome SPS frag, teardrop maxima, A. lords and other hard to find things.

One problem I have come across is I see that Coral Connection doesn't open until 3pm. Rick's reef doesn't open till 11 and he is closed on Thursdays. My flight leaves at 11:25 on Thursday so this is starting to look like an impossible task if I want to just bag them and get on the plane.

eidillitih
02/24/2005, 09:42 PM
Sometime Rick's real cool about allowing people to come into his store on thursday and buy corals.

clownandreeflover
02/25/2005, 05:09 AM
So is Rick's the place to go? I hate to ask the guy to open the store when it's closed and open it early enough so I can still catch my plane.

clownandreeflover
02/25/2005, 05:17 AM
So is Rick's the place to go? I hate to ask the guy to open the store when it's closed and open it early enough so I can still catch my plane.

eidillitih
02/25/2005, 11:43 AM
go over their, tell him what you have planed, that you are leaving Thursday and would like to get some stuff before you go. You'll probably have to spend $$$. He may not feel thirty five dollars is worth getting up early on his off day.

clownandreeflover
02/25/2005, 12:03 PM
Oh, I understand that. If he had some really nice pieces, I would be willing to spend ~$200. But that is my limit. And they have to be REAL NICE.

Are any of the others a better choice to visit?

eidillitih
02/25/2005, 02:25 PM
Coral Connection is very nice, Aquatic Specialties is nice but Expensive. I just don't know how willing they are to opening up early. George is cool sometime, he'll probably work with if the price is right. He has nice frags.

reefdood
02/27/2005, 12:49 AM
Ouch, yeah the times bad. All you can do is call and see. If you could any way get a later flight I could go with you to all three. They are all like 5 minute drives apart. Real close to each other. AND they are all close to the airport. Hell, Coral connection is like 100 yards from the airstrip. :lol:

clownandreeflover
02/28/2005, 02:17 PM
oh I wish I could but a friend would have to change as well. I guess I will give them a call and see what happens.