PDA

View Full Version : New 7 Gallon Seahorse Nano

Reeefer
12/30/2001, 02:05 AM
Could somebody please give me recommendations for a new 7 gallon nano tank? My tank has been up for two weeks. I started it with about 4 lbs LR and 10 lbs LS. I currently have three damsels and a sand star. I checked the water parameters today. The tank is ready. I unfortunately am not. I need more info.
The damsels are going back to the LFS as soon as I get the horses. Can I have a hermit or two? Snail or two? What are the best plants? What are the best horses? How many? Any types of corals or mushrooms that I should definitely refrain from adding?
Any info will be helpful. Thanks in advance...................

Airel
12/30/2001, 10:18 AM
Hi Reefer,

Well, in a tank that small your choices are very limited. The only seahorse you can keep in your tank permanently is dwarfs. Ocean Rider and Tracy's horses that FFE is selling are very young and thus very small and could start out in this tank. In a few months, they would need to be moved to a larger tank. You could keep 4 of the OR's or FFE's in this tank temporarily, or at least 30 dwarfs permanently. Alisa can give you more accurate numbers on the dwarfs.

I guess you first need to decide if you want dwarfs or the larger species before we worry about landscaping.

HTH,
DeAnne :D

Reeefer
12/30/2001, 10:16 PM
With a tank this small, I had already figured on the dwarfs. The next tank I want is at least 125+. At the moment I cannot afford that right now so I figured it would be cool to delve into seahorses with a small tank. What would you recommend for the sand bed? It seems like I made a mistake already by putting in the sand star according to what I've now read. Aside from dwarfs would I also be able to throw in a pseudo or pipefish? "Yes I would be doing weekly water changes." Any hints for aquascaping would be great. Thanks for the quick response Ariel and Happy New Year.