PDA

View Full Version : Scrub-A-DuB-DuB

Nathan4Wvu
02/22/2005, 03:47 PM
Well I got up the nerve to do as Ron said and scrub the hair alge off the rocks it worked out great there was tons of coralin alge under there neon green baby blue and some red its great. I im hoeing to pick up some new corals this week at the meeting like some Zoos and Xina

coralreefer
02/22/2005, 04:52 PM
Don't know if Ron's told you this too or not but take a turkey baster and blow the crud off your rocks too. This helps get rid of some of the "nasties" feeding the hair algae.

firefish2020
02/22/2005, 05:50 PM
"Well I got up the nerve to do as Ron said and scrub the hair alge off the rocks" I trust you used a baby toothbrush for this as most brushes can damage your life on the rocks. And Amy is right turkey basters are great in reef tanks. Youre #1 task at this point is to locate the source of the algaes nutrients. Remove it and you will have no more problem with it.

Nathan4Wvu
02/22/2005, 06:08 PM
It think i know what was the cause of it. My mom took some water to the shop sunday and the phosphate was 10+ well she picked up some phosguard and i just got home from the shop and bery tested it and it was about 1 so hopefully this helps

odoprelude
02/22/2005, 10:49 PM
something else that may be a good idea is to get some macroalgae at the next meeting to eat up some of those phosphates, that's what I did when setting up originally and didn't have too much of a problem... just my .02