PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. my friends....

odoprelude
02/20/2005, 06:05 PM
Well, went to Lexington this weekend to visit a friend of mine who just got back from Iraq and returned home to a tank-full of corpses... I lost all my fish except my two clowns and amy algae blenny... I don't get it.. corals are doing great, snails fine, hermits fine, shrimp are fine... heck the clowns even laid another clutch of eggs... the thing that really gets me is that my file fish in my nano in my office is dead as well... the other tanks in the house have no problems... I just don't get it.. Xenia is fine even... the only thing I can figure is that there may have been something wrong with the food, but I've fed them out of that tray until now and no problem.. Some of these fish I've had for over three years... I'll post some parameters later...

MattG
02/20/2005, 07:02 PM
wow sorry to hear that chris. leaving town seems to always bring problems for us aquarists.

LowCel
02/20/2005, 07:09 PM
I hate to hear about your losses, that sucks!

Was anyone home at all? Any painting? Any carpet deodorizer or anything like that?

odoprelude
02/20/2005, 07:14 PM
well, father in law stayed but nothing like those things... he distributes fish so he knows about them... and I'm too paranoid to use carpet deodorizers I just did a ten percent water change and will do another one tomorrow... everything seems in line..

coralreefer
02/20/2005, 07:23 PM
Sorry to here this Chris.
Here I was feeling sorry for myself because my bi-color jumped out of the 20 yesterday :(

amy algae blenny
Hope this is a typo or do you have a fish named after me?

Seriously if there is anything I can help with let me know.

odoprelude
02/21/2005, 12:27 PM
heh.. just a typo... I wouldn't name an algae blenny after you... they're cute, but not the prettiest things.. apparently hardy tho...

Shikaroka
02/24/2005, 12:15 PM
Yeh, it sucks. I just lost my stars-&-stripes puffer and my lion fish both in one week. And, I can't figure out why.