PDA

View Full Version : Group Order at February Mtg

jandlms
02/19/2005, 03:21 PM
Sorry Guys,
We didn't get the minimum number of frags. Maybe next time. By the way, I will get going on setting up the next meeting at Coral Boy Farms. Keep your eyes open for a thread in the next few days.
jandlms

PS Thanks for being a great group of guests at the old homestead.
J

Hella
02/19/2005, 03:56 PM
Thanks for being a great host, it was alot of fun.
So much for the order I was looking forward to that zoo frag :( O well at Coral Boys im sure ill find something I like ;)

Rob

BryanJ
02/19/2005, 05:34 PM
Thanks for having us. You answered a question for me and didn't even know it. I have been on the fence between a 90 and a 120 for over a year now. An now I know that a 120 is to big for the house unless you have a fishroom and the tank is in the wall.

Now to con the wife into letting me get a 90 in May. If I do, we can have a how to plumb a reef ready tank meeting or maybe build a sump meeting.

Rob thanks again for the trade.

mako56
02/19/2005, 08:03 PM
Yep thanks it was very interesting. I just wish I could put a face to all these names.

three fish
02/19/2005, 10:09 PM
I would like to say thanks as well!! The orange zoos I got from the z28 guys look great. As do the zoos I got from the older fellow. Sorry if I am offending you:). The pink centers really stand out with my lights. I am looking forward to Coral Boys.

Maybe name tags at the next meeting??

mako56
02/19/2005, 10:14 PM
Yep I guess I am the old fella LOL should be easy to pick me out of the crowd. No offence taken you guys will all get here someday.

mrpink44
02/20/2005, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by BryanJ
Now to con the wife into letting me get a 90 in May.

Now that you know you want a 90....tell the wife you want a 120. After a few "discussions" a 90 would make a great compromise :-)

mrpink44
02/20/2005, 01:45 AM
Thanks for hosting jandlms....and for working on setup of the next meeting!! Enjoyed looking at all your tanks.

Did anyone pick anything up from Spike?

Hella
02/20/2005, 06:38 AM
I got a small frag of some nice looking orange zoos from Spike ;)

jandlms
02/20/2005, 10:54 AM
I finally caved in and bought one of his neon green torches. No news on how it looks just yet. Too early to tell.
I will try contacting coralboyfarms today and tomorrow to set up the next meeting site, however, someone is going to have to host the meeting after that. Start thinking about. It really isn't that much of a bother.
A full year's calendar may be something of use to us. I will try to have one for the next meeting. That way we can sign up to host a meeting more than a monmth in advance.
jandlms

BryanJ
02/20/2005, 11:34 AM
Mrpink

I already planted the seed. All I ever talk about is the 120 so moving down to the 90 is part of the con.:dance:

Aquabucket
02/20/2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks guys for visiting! I was glad to see some of you stop in.

Sorry I missed the meeting though. Looks like I will be able to make the next one.

BTW ~ jandlms its a frogspawn you have there not a torch (this type of frogspawn does look similar). Are the polyps out and extended yet?

jandlms
02/20/2005, 04:39 PM
Sorry aquabucket. My bad. The polyps on the frogspawn are out and it looks good.
jandlms

Stigmatic
02/21/2005, 10:58 AM
I debated the 90/120 as well and am glad as hell i went with the 120. The width of the tank is just awesome, theres so many options for aquascaping. As for the plumbing, i have my sump and equipment in the basement, the plumbing wasnt so bad the 3rd time around... :lol: