PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in nassarius snails?

oceanjunkie
02/18/2005, 09:23 AM
Pete (nanokeeper) gave me about 25-30 nassarius snails yesterday.......way too many for my 37gal tank. If anybody is interested, and if Sherry is cool with it, I could bring a bunch to the meeting on saturday.
-jeff

KING OF THE REEF
02/18/2005, 11:07 AM
hey jeff. by any chance are you bringing his bubble tip anemone to the meeting. i am the one who got it. also what do you want for the snails. i could use 4-5 maybe a few more for my 20 gallon algea problem. after they clean it up i can split the amount in to my 10 to help out there. thanks

tooshay
02/18/2005, 12:38 PM
Oceanjunkie, you are more than welcome to bring the snails to the meeting for people. I have over 100 in my 125 gallon tank and I am going to the beach to get some more. They are GREAT clean up guys to have. They eat every single morsel of uneaten fish food that reaches the sand. Every now and then I drop in a whole shrimp, and they devour it within an hour. You might want to consider keeping all of them. :)

Ludwigia73
02/18/2005, 03:07 PM
I need nassarius bad! How much do you want for them? I need 8-10!

KING OF THE REEF
02/18/2005, 03:10 PM
wait i just revised my stocking list and found mine all dead. i have none now. i need 10-12 how much u want for them

tooshay
02/18/2005, 03:34 PM
Guys, I can get as many as you want. I know where to get them by the thousands!! I will tell my secret at the meeting :)

KING OF THE REEF
02/18/2005, 03:47 PM
ok i think i know where u r thinking. THE OCEAN right???????? well i need at least 5 tmmrw then i can go to get more. just the DAMN MOTHERS OF RED LEGGED CRABS ATE ALL OF MINE SO screw i took them out

oceanjunkie
02/18/2005, 04:16 PM
Yup, I got your BTA.

I don't want anything for the snails besides a good home. I used to have a bunch in the tank but their numbers have pretty much gone down to 0 over the years. They are super scavengers, and definitely a crowd pleaser when they emerge from the sand when they smell food.

I put them in yesterday, and this morning a lot were climbing the glass, which hinted to me that there may be too many in there. I'll bring a bunch and you guys could divide them up as you want. It sounds like there's plenty more available if I need to restock in the future.

see you saturday

KING OF THE REEF
02/18/2005, 06:18 PM
thanks ill see ya there