PDA

View Full Version : looking for frags

dannyboy6292
02/18/2005, 01:34 AM
hi all
Dan from north miami here.
I just put in some cured live rock in my formerly fish only tank which I've had for 6 yrs. Time to make the jump to reef. Spent alot of money on LR and would like to save a little on corals. (anyone blame me) I have about 350 watts of light so I think only softies and sps are suitable. Have 4 condalactis anemones that are thriving. So... Does anyone have some frags and knowledge to sell a newbie

Thanks
Dan
305 467 1494

:bum:

Ludwigia73
02/18/2005, 07:37 AM
Is that 350 watts over 90 gal? That's about 4watts per gallon...
"so I think only softies and sps " What else is there???? LOL... I think you meant LPS. There aren't very many SPS that will do well under that lighting (unless you're talking about 2x 175w MH.) If it is, you could keep a couple sps but fairly high up in the water. If ChrisAggie doesn't beat me to it, I may frag my red Montipora Capricornis soon... that may be a good candidate. Also, Montipora Digitata may do okay, but may not reach it's full color potential. For now, shrooms, xenia, kenya tree, zooanthids, riccordea, and green star polyps, just to name a few, would do well in that lighting arrangement. Just remember, once you go with those, it's normal to want to keep going. Oh, and also, it's kindof an unwritten rule to post pics often! ;)

dannyboy6292
02/18/2005, 12:09 PM
thank you for nuggets of wisdom looking forward to conversing in the forum. Seems to be alot of smart people posting here!!!

Bullredchaser
02/18/2005, 01:47 PM
Before you buy the frags you may want to invest in a pair of 250 watt metal halides.And use some of the lights you have now for actinic supplementation.Otherwise youll be able to keep mushrooms alive but they just wont multiply like they would with a good bit of lights.And of course under your current lighting it will be real tuff to keep any SPS.