PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in Torches?

1package
02/17/2005, 03:15 PM
I bought 2 green torches with pink tips a year or so ago and did not prune them back and they got to be about volleyball sized. I sold off two of them that I cut off and still have 3 maybe 4 more than planned. They are beautiful but due to their size they can sweep a long ways in the tank, with 5 of them in a full tank.

The smallest one has 2 heads on it, the others have at least 3, one is tennis ball sized the other a baseball.

They are each mounted to a rock with aqua mend. I am attaching a couple of photos. I do not want bring them in, they are large and need to be handled more delicately and I would not want to ship them.

I was thinking $25 for the small one and $30 for the others. If anyone wants better photos with some type of size reference let me know.

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/hyposis/torch1.JPG
http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/hyposis/torch2.JPG

essop3
02/18/2005, 04:31 PM
I know frogspawn and torch are related but those look exactly like my frogspawn. If its just the pics and they do look a little diffrent, I'll take one.

firefish2020
02/18/2005, 10:03 PM
Those are frog spawns nice ones at that :)

LowCel
02/18/2005, 11:53 PM
Look quite a bit like the frogspawn I used to have. Really wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of that coral.

firefish2020
02/19/2005, 01:04 AM
Bruce, if you ever want one I can get you one just like it, just name the time.

mcox33
02/19/2005, 07:54 AM
I still need a frogspawn so of course I am interested

also a torch, a fox, a bubble, a brain should I go on

It seems I have a very long wish list.

Okay everybody pray for nice weather for the meeting
I just setup a 75 gal reef for my Mom, Cycled in 11 days so she is ready for coral but she won't make the drive if the weather is bad or there is a chance of snow, she is in her upper 60's and has never driven in the snow and says she sees no reason to start now. I have to say I agree with her on that. Anyways hoping she can come to the meeting.

1package
02/19/2005, 11:59 AM
I have two frog spawn in the tank with them. They do not look similar. After looking at the photos on Live Aquaria of the frogspawn and of the torches - it is tough to say. They definitely do not look like the other two frog spawn, that look similar to each other. The frogspawn have shorter sweepers than these frogspawn/torches, so I am not certain. Once the lights are on, I will photo each and post. 1 is sold, I still have 2 maybe 3 of the smaller ones and 3 huge ones.

firefish2020
02/19/2005, 12:25 PM
Good way to tell is that Euphyllia Glabrescens (torch) have long singular sweeper tentacles like an anemone.
Euphyllia divisa the common frogspawn like the big one in the 75 at the shop.
Euphyllia paradivisa (branching frogspawn) looks like a cross between torch and a frogspawn. It's skeleton is identical to a torch but the tentacles are multi jointed with multiple heads on the ends.

essop3
02/19/2005, 12:30 PM
That must be it. My frogspawn is branching. and now that you mention it the heads are a little diffrent.

1package
02/19/2005, 01:33 PM
If the torch has the longer sweepers, they are torches. I bought the two that I am calling frogspawn from 2 different sources, they look the same. The ones I am calling torches came from a single store. They have sweepers that are double in length of the ones that I am calling frogspawn. They also do not have as many "bumps", for lack of a better word, on their sweepers. They also have some single very long sweepers that will reach out and take hold of anything nearby. This is the reason that I am having trouble with 6 of them in my 125g. I took some photos of each and will attempt to post.

MattG
02/19/2005, 06:39 PM
looks like a branching frogspawn to me....

1package
02/20/2005, 12:26 PM
Did not intend to start a new thread with my "For sale" post. Intended it to be on the end of this one.

Sorry for any confusion.

firefish2020
02/20/2005, 01:44 PM
Hey no problem at all and this is just a good example of how some LFS and wholslers misslable corals and cause consumers mass confusion at times. For example, around here Euphyllia paradivisa (green variety) is far more valuable than Euphyllia divisa (common nonbranching FS). Either way they are great examples of Euphyllia IMO.

sixliner6
02/24/2005, 05:23 PM
Hey do you still have one of those torches for sale? Thats a good price for one that size. Please let me know. Thanks

1package
02/25/2005, 10:44 AM
Sent you a PM.

pappygonefishin2002
02/26/2005, 09:05 AM
Lloyd your mailbox is full! Cant respond

1package
02/26/2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the heads up - I had not seen a couple responses wondered what the story was - should be OK now.