PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Myrtle Beach

bugshop
02/16/2005, 07:52 PM
Well, most of you know or have heard rumors that I've been offered a job in Greenville and I have accepted.

What most of you don't know is the reason.
The company I work for (Avcraft) made me and others
some promises that they are not fulfilling.
We were supposed to be installing new interiors in new airplanes that are being built in our factory in Germany. The production of these aircraft has been slow at best and none of them have made into the US and I have my doubts they ever will.
And now they are on shaky ground with the airport.
The company in Greenville that I will be working for
has been in business for 50+years.

If all goes as planned we should be moving mid to late march.

I must say that I have enjoyed the last few months here and all the new reefing friends that I've made.
The only thing I ask of the reefers in this area is to keep this club alive and keep in touch and maybe allow me to visit every now and then.

Timmy

BubbaPhish
02/17/2005, 06:45 AM
Timmy, you are starting to sound like one of us nurses...LOL
Traveling gypsies when it comes to jobs. I can't blame you for looking out for you and your families best intrest. I am glad however you will still be around in the state, Greenville isn't too terribly far away. Keep us informed and Good Luck.

Kevin

SptfireXIV
02/17/2005, 11:17 AM
Ah man that sucks. At least it sounds like the job in Greenville will be more promising.

I'm sure somebody will step up and keep the club alive. How far away is Greenville?

dvmsn
02/17/2005, 01:44 PM
:wavehand: Good luck, I would be happy to take any colnies you are not comfortable moving. ;)

phishguy78
02/17/2005, 07:31 PM
hey timmy congratulation on your job offer hope everything works out like jason said sounds more promising money good luck and i guess we need to elect a new president should we vote on it or how will it go about is if we vote i i vote for dave ha ha ha just kiddin dave not unless you want to the i vote for you anyway i hope everything goes ok timmy we will miss you come see me at tore before you leave please well talk at you later man

bugshop
02/17/2005, 08:20 PM
WOW "President"

I never considered myself the president of the club.
I think the club will run itself as long as everyone wants it to.
But I do think that It will need someone willing to print flyers
and give it a little boost every now and then.

This may be a good time to give someone a title like President.

Do I smell an election???

The main thing to remember is to have fun!!!

Timmy

tomterreefic
02/18/2005, 08:04 PM
Hey Timmy,
Good Luck in Greenville. I hate to see you go. I too am getting ready to leave the beach, well somewhat. I got the promotion I was after and have been transferred to Brunswick Community Hospital, in Supply, NC, starting next week. I'm moving to Southport, NC in the next week or two. I'll still be spending some time at Grand Strand each week so I'll be in the neighborhood (unlike Timmy who just haaad to leave town;)
I plan to remain a member of the club and attend most meetings, depending on location of course. That being said, I won't be able to make this weekends meeting. My boss decided to volunteer me for a project this weekend in Hartsville. So I'll be working all weekend.:mad:
Timmy, Have fun up there with those Clemson Kittens
:D

bugshop
02/18/2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks Tom,
I'm not looking forward to having to move again
but I think it will be the best thing for my family in the long run.
I will still be on the MB forum often and will visit the area and
maybe a meeting now and then.

Tom, Good luck to you too with your new job venture :)

Timmy