PDA

View Full Version : DrkShadow...........

Mickster
12/26/2001, 09:55 PM
How is it going with that skimmer you bought from organic? Has he responded to your emails? The reason, is that I may purchase something from him. Thanks in advance for your input.

Mickey

DrkShadow
12/27/2001, 08:44 AM
This is the issue I have with him.

He advertised the skimmer as "new in the box". After talking with him, I have discovered that after he aquired this skimmer, he sent it back to Euroreef to have a bulkhead resealed or something cause he didn't like the way it looked. I just feel that's something that should have been disclosed in his advertisement. Get some pics, that's all I can say. The part on missing parts was my own lack of knowledge. Those parts come with the pump according to him and he did offer to get them if they don't.

Since I don't want to wait for my complaint with paypal, I ordered a new skimmer w/pump from marinedepot which actually comes cheaper then organics one plus the pump I'd need to buy.
(Live and learn I guess)

So in the end, I may have an extra skimmer. I'll make someone a good deal on it. I'm sure it probably works fine.

What are you ordering?

Don Davis
12/27/2001, 09:18 AM
That sucks!!

DrkShadow
12/27/2001, 09:35 AM
Only cause I'm inpatient. I'm sure I'll run across someone who could use it, ya never know, I might setup another tank one day :D

My brother moved out so I now have a emtry spare bedroom. Mooowhahahaha. So, 1 bedroom, 1 computer, maybe a reef room? Hrrmmm.

SciGuy2
12/27/2001, 10:58 AM
DrkShadow,

You couldn't work things out with Organic? You had to go through PayPal for conflict resolution?

-Sci

Lilgrasshopper
12/27/2001, 11:08 AM
Hey Richard, which model did u buy from MarineDepot? Did they have a sale or anything? I'm debating whether I should get a CS6-3 or CS8-3. I want it to be able to handle a 225 someday. What did u think of the craftsmanship on the skimmer?

DrkShadow
12/27/2001, 11:35 AM
I got the Euroreef CS6-2 for 335.00 give or take a buck. Premium had it for 355. The CS6-3 isnt much more, I just don't want the extra height, I think the 2 is plenty for a 75. If I ever do another tank, the 75 will stay running.

DrkShadow
12/27/2001, 12:18 PM
Actually I'll probably just cancel the complaint, not worth the effort.

Kyle McClain
12/27/2001, 12:59 PM
Give me a shout, I will talk to you about buying the extra skimmer..

Kyle

Lilgrasshopper
12/28/2001, 12:25 AM
I bit the bullet and ordered a CS8-3. I hope the extra height is worth all the money. I really wanted a quiet skimmer that is low on electricity. Should have gotten this in the first place.

Oh, I also bought a 10lb CO2 cylinder...now I need a nice regulator and guage...what is a good brand? Is 10lbs good enough for a future 225??? I don't want to go to get refills more than 1 time per year.

Kyle McClain
12/28/2001, 09:55 AM
10 lbs should be plenty. I will ask eric about the regulater he got for the 500.

Finman
12/28/2001, 07:19 PM
Lilgrasshopper, I got my reg, needle valve and pump from Premium for about 150. shipped

Finman
12/28/2001, 07:32 PM
The needle valve I have, has the selonoid that I really didn't want. After I got it I just left it on when I shut the tank down for maintenence or feeding.

What I noticed is that the reactor would get a big Co2 bubble in it after the pumps had been shut down for awhile. So I hooked up the needle valve to my power strip that I used to shut down the pumps, protein skimmer, etc. when working on the tank or feeding.

Now that the Co2 shuts off while I have the rest of the tank turned off, I don't get the bubble.

Lilgrasshopper
12/28/2001, 10:39 PM
I decided to buy a 20 lb bottle instead. I don't want to make multiple trips to get gas since they charge more and I don't want to swap bottles either. I placed an order for the deluxe dual gauge with needle valve at marine depot...guess I should have gone with premium aquatics then I could get the pump along with it. Damn!!! Rash decision again...oh, and I cancelled the CS8-3 since there's a person on this board is selling a CS6-3 for 275 shipped...and it's less than 6 months old...thought that was a good price.

DrkShadow
12/28/2001, 10:49 PM
CS6-3, that with a pump? Decent deal

Lilgrasshopper
12/28/2001, 11:06 PM
Hey Richie,
Have you started on your canopy yet? I just bought the red oak boards for the canopy...2x4' 1/2" oak ply wood for the top and 11.25"x48" red oak boards. I want to join it using dovetails but not sure if I can do it without messing up. Those wood are expensive. I spent 78 bucks today just on those 3 pieces. Let me know what plans u have for it.

Tom