PDA

View Full Version : 29 gallon FS, need help

Ludwigia73
02/16/2005, 08:03 AM
Hey guys, I'm running into some money trouble, and have to get rid of my 29 gallon. It comes with a pine stand, stained walnut, and a canopy I made myself for Metal Halides. With a computer fan running, a 250w mh heated the water to 81 degrees. Never needed a chiller, I just kept my AC at 78 during the day. The back is painted black, and I'll include the original strip light if you want it. It has a purplish bulb in it. I'll give a white bulb for it, too, if you want it, but it's really white. I'll also throw in the sump, see my gallery for pics on the sump. If I don't get rid of the little air driven skimmer in my gallery this weekend, I'll throw that in too. If you want it, I'll bring it to the meeting or bowling. If you're close by with no way to transport it, I'll bring it to you. Need $100 for it. If you don't want some of the stuff I said I'll throw in, make me an offer... Oh, and I'll also consider frags in partial trade, but really need the moolah. Thanks!

---Chris

MrYenko
02/16/2005, 03:52 PM
What size is the tank by chance?

KING OF THE REEF
02/16/2005, 06:45 PM
hello yenko the title says it all its 29

Ludwigia73
02/16/2005, 07:29 PM
Hey yenko, standard 29. 30" long.

4myson
02/17/2005, 10:20 AM
Is This still available? If so please let me know and if you want $100 for the listed items was that for partial. Thanks in advance.

Ludwigia73
02/17/2005, 11:17 AM
You get everything I listed... If there's anything you don't want, I'd appreciate if you leave it behind, I like to donate smaller stuff to the cause. I have someone who wants the skimmer for example. The light goes with it, but if you don't want it, etc etc.... I'll also take partial trade for frags. I need about 50 bucks, so that's the lowest I'll take plus frags.

KING OF THE REEF
02/17/2005, 10:33 PM
hey how many watts of light does the original light have if no one wants it ill take it

Ludwigia73
02/18/2005, 07:48 AM
I think it was 20w. It's the standard one like you'd get at say petsmart or petco or whoever I got it from... The lid has been modified, though... I cut off the front and back, leaving only the plastic flange and protective glass, so you could in essence do the same thing to 2 more of them and put 3 of these light fixtures on top. One further note, the canopy doesn't work very well without lights mounted in it. I found this out last night... If you put the hood back, it overbalances and tips back. So if you're going to use a light strip or prefab hood, leave the canopy behind and we'll work out a better deal. The light that comes with it has a purplish light which was great for my cichlid tank, and I have a brand new white bulb to go with it.

Ludwigia73
02/18/2005, 07:49 AM
By the way, search my name in selling forum, I tried to sell the sump and skimmer, I got an offer on the sump for 20 bucks, it just wasn't worth my trouble to ship it. You could probably sell what you don't want and get half the price of what you do want back quickly. I just need to make room.

KING OF THE REEF
02/18/2005, 11:24 AM
sorry but i dont need a sump. no pun intended here but i only like to use manufactured sumps from companies like cpr or aquaclear. again no pun intendid. btw if he doesnt want the light with it i do i can use it on my 26 gallon black ghost knifefish tank. i have 40 watts there now but i want to reduce it because of his preference of dimmer water. thanks again ludwigia

Ludwigia73
02/18/2005, 02:58 PM
I kindof understood that, ima... I was referring to whomever buys the tank. By the way, if ima gets the skimmer from me I'm dropping the tank to $90. I'll let everyone know tomorrow night.

KING OF THE REEF
02/18/2005, 03:07 PM
hey buddy i think i will get it but be4 i do commit i will need to see it. i also want to see how thick the uplift tube is so maybe i can cut it to fit my tank. ok wel see ya tmmrw

Ludwigia73
02/20/2005, 12:42 AM
By the way, tank has dropped to $90 and I no longer have the skimmer to give. If you don't want the sump, drop another 10 bucks. You can't beat 80 bucks for a 29 gallon, including a stand, light strip, extra light bulb, and a canopy suitable for metal halides!!!

Ludwigia73
02/26/2005, 07:48 PM
Allright, you've twisted my arm... 80 bucks. Still includes everything except the skimmer.

D12monkey
02/28/2005, 11:27 PM
Does that include the MH light?

Ludwigia73
03/01/2005, 10:22 AM
No lights, tank may be sold to greg.