PDA

View Full Version : Fish Bowl Aquariums...possible meeting place?

1tankneverenuff
02/15/2005, 10:03 PM
Hey everybody, my name is Ryan and one of my really good friends owns Fish Bowl Aquariums over in St. Johns County. For those who don't know, it's an aquarium store located off exit 329 on I-95, also known as County Road 210. We carry fresh and salt water. I was talking to Danny (owner) this evening and brought up NFMAS and possibly hosting a meeting there. He thought it was a cool idea. Plus, I don't know if many people know of his shop and so I think it would be a good opportunity for everyone to have chance to check it out just like with the meeting in January at Rob's Reef...which I attended and was my first meeting. Unfortunately, I've been in freshwater for some time now and wanted to get into salt...so I felt kinda out of place. I would still like to attend more meetings and possibly meet a few people this time and thought Fish Bowl Aquariums might be a possibility for hosting a meeting? Danny focuses on mainly marine fish, but here is a breakdown of the store so everyone can get an idea:

Freshwater:
- (60) 10 gallon tanks
- (2) 55 gallon tanks

Saltwater:
- (84) 18 gallon tanks
- (1) 90 gallon reef tank
- (1) 90 gallon live rock tank

*Hopefully I counted correctly today.

Check my signature for more information and let me know what you guys think? Thanks for everyone's time!

1tankneverenuff
02/16/2005, 02:18 PM
Forgot to add, there is also one more 110 gallon saltwater in the front of the store ;).

mpdharley
02/16/2005, 07:51 PM
I'll bring it up at our next meeting this Saturday. My only concern is that it is farther out than any of the other places we've held meetings so far. It's no problem for me though.

The next open meeting is for April (March's meeting is going to be at the new Atlantis Aquariums). The April meeting would be on Saturday, April 16th.

1tankneverenuff
02/17/2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by mpdharley
I'll bring it up at our next meeting this Saturday. My only concern is that it is farther out than any of the other places we've held meetings so far. It's no problem for me though.

The next open meeting is for April (March's meeting is going to be at the new Atlantis Aquariums). The April meeting would be on Saturday, April 16th.

I wondered about that. It's only like 5-10 minutes away from my house :(. Anyone else's thoughts?

joseph
02/19/2005, 12:27 PM
I visited Fish Bowl Aquariums several months ago and was impressed with the store. It was very clean and well kept. All of the livestock appeared to be very healthy. I would be in favor of having a meeting there.

1tankneverenuff
02/20/2005, 03:03 AM
It's not that far really. Rob's Reef, where the January meeting was, is ALOT farther for club members in the beaches and surrounding areas. Plus, it is very easy to get there ;).

reelfreak
02/20/2005, 10:32 AM
I would have to say I probably live the farthest from anything at the beaches.....I am about 2 miles from the ferry on A1A, and would think the two stores would be equidistant for me..Robs is 45 minutes for me, and I know that 210 and 95 is at least the same..I am not opposed to traveling for meetings. I hope to be able to attend some of the upcoming meetings this spring, so far only been to the one at Robs. Enjoyed it thouroughly. I will have to stop by the fish bowl one day on my way out of town. Always looking to see new setups.........thanks for the heads up on other stores....sam

mpdharley
02/20/2005, 01:51 PM
I also brought it up at the meeting and no one had any problems with it, so I say we are a go.

1tankneverenuff -- do you want to set it up for the May meeting (Saturday, My 21st)? The April meeting is also open, but one of the members said that it might be better not to have a meeting at two stores back to back (March at Atlantis then April at Fishbowl).

It doesn't matter to me, so it's whatever the majority wants to do.

1tankneverenuff
02/21/2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by mpdharley
I also brought it up at the meeting and no one had any problems with it, so I say we are a go.

1tankneverenuff -- do you want to set it up for the May meeting (Saturday, My 21st)? The April meeting is also open, but one of the members said that it might be better not to have a meeting at two stores back to back (March at Atlantis then April at Fishbowl).

It doesn't matter to me, so it's whatever the majority wants to do.

I think we are good to go for May. I will be at the shop on Monday and speak with Danny (store owner) again about the whole situation. I knew he was excited about the meeting when we spoke before, so there shouldn't be any problems. We chose May because we're working on getting alot more supplies in the store. New pond, new fish, new equipment, etc. We really want to be built up for the meeting ;)!

mpdharley
02/21/2005, 11:18 AM
Sounds good, should be a good meeting!

1tankneverenuff
02/22/2005, 01:45 AM
Spoke with Danny this evening...we are good to go for the May 21st meeting ;)!

joseph
05/03/2005, 06:13 PM
^ Bump

floridareefs
05/03/2005, 08:22 PM
Awesome, danny is a great guy, I got some great stuf from him. as far as distance, holy cow robs reef is wayyyyy out there fou us in mandarin, southside and beaches.. went to robs once, needed to get gas halfway back..lol

cant wait for may meeting!!!! should be great. dannys store is super nice.

1tankneverenuff
05/05/2005, 11:20 PM
The store's been chaging and looking better since I last stepped in. I've been working alot lately and haven't had the time, but within the next day or two I will be up there to make sure everything is still a go!