PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with extra macro?

tooshay
02/15/2005, 06:30 AM
I am setting up a larger refugium, and need a variety of macroalgae. If anyone has some to spare I would appreciate it :)

ol'reefer
02/15/2005, 08:35 AM
I have some Halimeda.

Carl_in_Florida
02/15/2005, 11:18 AM
tooshay, i will have some chaeto soon. where are you at?

Carl

Ludwigia73
02/15/2005, 11:54 AM
I have chaeto now... I can bring it to the meeting this Sat.

Carl_in_Florida
02/15/2005, 11:58 AM
there you go.

tooshay
02/15/2005, 12:02 PM
Thanks everyone!! I had to put my chaeto in the overflow after I dropped my fuge light in the water. It has slowly withered away to nothing, and now that I am getting a new fuge system I need more. Ludwigia, that will be perfect!!

KING OF THE REEF
02/15/2005, 12:47 PM
hey ludwigia i need some cheato. can u bring some for me to this meeting? like i already said i only need a tiny amount thanks,phil

Ludwigia73
02/15/2005, 02:05 PM
So far I have tooshay for a portion, and a half portion to ima... I think I have one more portion left if anyone needs it.

KING OF THE REEF
02/15/2005, 06:53 PM
ludwigia can u pm me with a picture of the skimme ryou have for sale? i really want it if i think it is the one im thinking about

GregM779
02/16/2005, 10:42 AM
Hey Ludwig I would love some.
Tooshay, I have razor caulpera, I believe, if you want diversity. It's what you saw the other day that I got from Rob. The only downfall is that it may go sexual if you don't run your lights 24/7.

BTW, how did the fuge turn out?

tooshay
02/16/2005, 10:52 AM
OMG!! Greg...what a job this refugium is!! I have been working on it all morning :( I went to Home Depot and got the tubing. Then back to home Depot when I realized I needed to elevate the fuge higher than the sump. Then after almost chopping my limbs off with a skill saw thingy trying to cut the boards to fit, I realized the fuge wouldn't fit because of the way my plumbing was configured in the stand. SO....back to Home Depot to get supplies to re-do the plumbing. Then my PVC cutters broke, so there I was a$$ over teakettle with my fat body squeezed under the stand with a dull hack saw cutting the PVC. But...I think I got it all figured out now :) I am getting ready to put the water in and see what happens!! I just got a little bag of mixed macro from Rob yesterday to get things started, but I want to have more chaeto. A couple people are bringing some to the meeting, so I should be good. Thanks!

GregM779
02/16/2005, 11:02 AM
I hope you took video of this adventure so we can watch it at the meeting and have a laugh!
You should of called me, I would have been glad to help, I guess you didn't notice the stand underneath mine I had to build. Oh well at least it's done.
I also requested some chaeto at the next meeting and hopefully Ludwig will bering me some.

Ludwigia73
02/16/2005, 12:05 PM
Greg is the last one on the list for chaeto, Running low now! Maybe next meeting. Thanks guys!

KING OF THE REEF
02/16/2005, 03:50 PM
nebody have calurpa racemosa i think it is the pea looking type. if so could they bring one or 2 small strands for me. my fuge is getting crowded so i need small pieces. that is after ludwigia gets me my cheato. thanks. hey sherri i was at robs yesturday to get some stuff. i saw the 20 gallon he was making for you. he has done a great job on it. i hope you like it :). thanks for the help

ol'reefer
02/16/2005, 04:23 PM
You can get that on the low reefs along the beach. It's growing wild in our back yard.

KING OF THE REEF
02/16/2005, 06:53 PM
is it illegal to collect?

Ludwigia73
02/16/2005, 07:34 PM
Ima, the whole idea of a fuge as filtration is to have a little room left for the algaes to grow into. That way, you can harvest, thereby removing nutrients. (exporting of nutrients)

KING OF THE REEF
02/16/2005, 07:53 PM
i know what the purpose is. just i trimmed to much for ym buddies up north. i need to restock atm

ol'reefer
02/16/2005, 08:38 PM
It's legal to collect as it's an invasive species.

KING OF THE REEF
02/16/2005, 10:12 PM
ok then off to da beach i go saturday morning. (i need to get rid of my belly before i go at peak times )lol i got to get a 6pack showing and then the shirt can come off lol i will grab some for myself hopfully as long as i can wake up in enough time to spare be4 my moms orchid thing at homedepot with grower ron.

GregM779
02/16/2005, 11:52 PM
Hey Sherry no wonder you had such a problem, you got a 29g Rob told me. That must have been fun to shimmy under there.

tooshay
02/17/2005, 05:29 AM
Nope, just a 20 high. I talked to Rob about going with a 29 gallon and he said there would be no way to get it to fit, and he was right!! I had to twist and turn and squeeze the 20 in. I can't imagine how they got the 29 gallon sump under there when the tank was set up!! I had an old mag 3 laying around, so Rob put a vavle in the tubing going onto the fuge to slow the flow a bit. It works like a charm!!

KING OF THE REEF
02/17/2005, 01:40 PM
hey sherri i was there the day rob finished your fuge. i loved what he did to it. it looked perfect.

ludwigia. can you clean up the skimmer for me i think i want it. i saw the pic in your gallery and it looked really dirty. lol also what are the dimensions. i need to know this cause i am kinda limited on width and hight. i have a satelite 40 watt fixture and a all glass standard flo. fixture on the tank with almost no room to sapre!!!!!!! thanks buddy and see ya all saturday at 6.

sherri :) do you want a piece of green ricordea for your tank. i have one too spare. ill just give it to ya unless you can get me a blue shroom. if ya want it lemme know

tooshay
02/17/2005, 02:23 PM
Imareefer, I have enough green rics, but thanks. I will try to cut you off a few blue shrooms before the meeting.

KING OF THE REEF
02/17/2005, 04:37 PM
how much do ya want for them???? i really am low on money and i have nothing to trade. :( i wish i had a job but school comes first then fish lol. ok well i iwsh ya luck with that fuge and hope you can fill it with all you macro asap. i have 3 strands of halmedia for ya if ya want it. i cant keepit any longer caus eof space concerns. btw thanks for the info on the sebaes. i have decided to keep mine. my clowns are just so happy:) that i figure if it becomes the only thing in the tank so bit. i can always set up a nano cube with some small frags if i want to. see ya all saturday and i will bring the other ric for any one who wanrs it. it has two mouths and is about the size of a zoo colony that has 10 mouths on it. if any one wants it lemme know what they have in return or if i feel like i till just give it too someone. depends on the mood im in. you know the way parents are. if mine wont let me have saturday off from chores then i will trade it. but if they do let me have it off ill just give it up for free:)

tooshay
02/17/2005, 05:16 PM
???? You will either trade it or give it away depending on your MOOD?? That is a weird thing to put in a post :(

GregM779
02/17/2005, 06:08 PM
I already have some green rics but will be more than happy to take it off of your hands. I have all different types of coral in my tank so if you want to bring it to the meeting Saturday we can work out something when I host next month. I just hope your in a good mood

KING OF THE REEF
02/17/2005, 10:25 PM
hey greg do you have any nice colored shrooms or rics? i might trade you this one for one of yours. ill check your gallery to

GregM779
02/17/2005, 10:44 PM
I don't think I have anything fraggable right now that would be an even trade. I was just saying if you're ready to get rid of it, we can probably figure something out at the March meeting, if you need someting now you'll have to trade with someone else.

KING OF THE REEF
02/17/2005, 10:46 PM
no i can wait for the march meeting. i will hold onto it untill then. i like your yumas. check your other post on the weekly items thing.