PDA

View Full Version : Workshops

ToeCutter
02/15/2005, 12:19 AM
This is Bryan, your friendly neighborhood workshop coordinator :D

Go ahead and post any thoughts or questions here about workshops.

The first workshop I have in mind, would be an acrylic workshop, put together by myself. The prjoect I'm leaning towards is a propogation tank (We would build the tank itself, along with internal parts to facilitate propogation).

For tank size, I'm thinking around 30 gallons.

The workshop would be a 2-day workshop, either sat-sunday, or one day out of two consecutive weekends. The second day would facilitate machining after the glue dried.

Any other thoughts about workshops you'd like to see?

hail_sniper
02/15/2005, 12:38 AM
a prop tank would be great, as i was thinking of a couple of ways to set one up when i get more stock

i was also thinking of building an all in one overflow box/weir. the one without a u-tube

if i remember correctly you'd have to bend the top part with the use of heat, and that it would help to use black acyrlic on top to reduce the growth of algae, i would have to rout teeth, would probably help to have a dremel, but i have a router if needed just an idea (i could always just buy one :) )

Zaphod
03/03/2005, 12:00 AM
definatly let me knowI would love to know about these events where and how much money for suplies and stuff.

Konadog
03/03/2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ToeCutter
The first workshop I have in mind, would be an acrylic workshop, put together by myself. The prjoect I'm leaning towards is a propogation tank I would like build a sump, not to far from your propagation tank, maybe a little taller.