PDA

View Full Version : should i get an anemone?

jayhawk
12/25/2001, 08:12 AM
just received my new lights for x-mas. got a 2x250 watt lighting fixture with vho flour. this should be enough light to keep an anemone, right? tank has been a FOWLR set up for about a year. 55g ,4"DSB , 50lbs live rock, bak pak protein skimmer, and 2 maxi jet 1200's power heads for circ, ( no sump ). fish include: blue damsel, an anthias, perc clown, freckled face hawkfish, and a lawnmower blenny. would like to add another perc clown and get them a host. would really like to get a carpet anemone, but not sure if it would be a good host for my percs. also will the anemone eat my fish? and i plan to add a few corals, not alot maybe 3 or 4, will they be killed by an anemone? sorry for the long post, but am excited about getting my lights. cant wait for lowes to open tomorow so i can get started on my canopy. thanks in advance.

buynovsky
12/26/2001, 11:49 AM
That's alot of light for a 55g. With the VHOs that almost 11watts per gallon....I'd be careful about having that too close to the aquarium. You'll have to start that really high above and bring it lower if you have an existing corals so as not to burn them......can't use aloevera on coral sunburn!!!!

Also.....you better start doing some research on a chiller.....

cause 2 X 250Watt MH and 2 X 40 Watt VHO are going to fire up a 55g....

Unless you want to cook your fish....you'll need a chiller....

Build fans into your canopy...

Best of luck....let us know how things go...

Jason