PDA

View Full Version : Golden Kenya Tree F/S - Pulsing Xenia wanted.

wahwoo
02/13/2005, 09:34 PM
I have several Golden Kenya Tree frags 3-4". They are very hardy, fast growing and ad a nice appearance to your tank. Local pick up in Nokomis, FL or will ship for additional overnight rate.

$10/frag or will trade for anything. Im restocking my tank after our recent move.

Does anyone have pulsing Xenia for sale?

myakkareef
02/14/2005, 09:27 AM
Wahwoo, how much xenia ya need??....I will hook you up...Got a pick of your kenya? Or does it look like this, if it is different will trade for xenia...Also my xenia is like in pic above kenya..
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/10007kenya.jpg

wahwoo
02/14/2005, 11:49 AM
My Kenya is a lot diferent than your picture.

Its more orange-golden and much fuller branching with larger polyps.

I will try to get a photo up soon. Its hard to find time since we just moved here. There are so many things on my list every day to get settled in.

I like the look of your Xenia. Is it white? I'll trade for some of that.

myakkareef
02/14/2005, 01:43 PM
WAHWOO..PM sent..

myakkareef
02/14/2005, 01:47 PM
Wahwoo your PM mailbox is full...Pm me and clean out your box....

wahwoo
02/14/2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks,

Mailbx is now empty

Bugs825
02/15/2005, 09:49 AM
Hey dude,

I would love a frag! If you could bring it to the meeting that would be great. Let me know.

Nathan
:D

myakkareef
02/16/2005, 08:20 AM
Nathan, meet Dave (wahwoo) this mornig nice looking frags, different color then my Kenya so that will be cool...
Also Dave thanks for the swap, hope to see you again at a meeting or just around town...

wahwoo
02/16/2005, 07:37 PM
Scott,

Thanks for the Xenia. It acclimated fine and is donig well. It looks nice. I forgot to ask you what lights they were used to in your tank.

Has the Kenya opened up for you yet? Usually they react quickly to light. The larger ones go through a period from time to time when they stay dormant for a day or two, then they perk right back up. It seems to be a part of the natural cycle for them. It might have something to do with their dropping branches to propigate, which happens later on.

Bugs825
02/17/2005, 05:31 AM
Hey Dave,

I have some of Scott's Xenia and they are great. I have timed the pulsing and they have been up to 40 x per minute. Scott is running PCs and i'm not sure what watt.

I'm looking forward to my Kenya frag.
I love frags!

Nathan

myakkareef
02/17/2005, 08:15 AM
Dave, my main display runs 6-96w PC...But I grow xenia in my sump under 2-55w pc...I think it will thrive as long as your water is not to clean....The kenya is great. He did not like it when I shoved tooth picks thru him and rubber banded him to a rock, but I guess neither would I...I am sure it will be fine today when I get home...Glad to hear the xenia is OK, don't let it get out of hand though it can take over....

wahwoo
02/17/2005, 08:31 PM
Nathan, you have a PM

Dave

Bugs825
02/18/2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by wahwoo
Nathan, you have a PM

Dave

Got it!
Bounced one back

Bugs825
02/21/2005, 09:57 AM
Hey Dave,

I glued the frag to a plug last night and woke up this morning to the kenya about 90% fully open!!! Wow, Great frag.

Thanks
Nathan

wahwoo
02/21/2005, 11:55 AM
Glad you like it Nathan.

Thanks for welcoming me to the meeting yesterday. It turned out pretty cool.

If you blast that anemone with a power jet, he might decide to move on his own. Angle it so it doesnt hit the blasto and it might work.

Cant wait to see how these new rocks turn out.

Dave

Bugs825
02/22/2005, 06:59 AM
hey dave

he has moved, again. He is not touching anything at the moment. I keep waiting for him to get a little too close to the hydnophora. That should give him a taste of his own. I thought about the power head idea but i gave up. I would have to blast other thing that might get mad, other than the anemone. I have my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Nathan

Agu
02/23/2005, 10:23 PM
Warms my heart to see people trading corals :D . That's part of the mission of our club imo.

:cool: ,

Agu

wahwoo
02/23/2005, 11:09 PM
I agree with Agu as a new member of the club.

The NJ club where I moved from is very active in trading and selling everything. Corals, Fish and Used Equipment. It would be great to see more of it here. Unfortunately I dont have much to offer at this time as far as corals.

I do have more Kenya frags if any one else is interested.

Does any one have either hard or soft frags for sale? If you do, post it or drop me a PM.

Bugs825
02/24/2005, 05:36 AM
I am very close to getting my over-under 55 gallon frag farm going. I talked to brian about trading some electrical work for corals to get it going. When I do, I hope to have about 200 frags on hand as well as DIY socket rocks. I will keep you all posted and might even have to host another meeting to show it off.

Nathan

sandman12
02/24/2005, 09:32 AM
my 55g frag farm is almost ready for salt. I have a mag 12 closed loop but its too loud for me to sleep with so i might get a T4 to replace it. I have a few frags but they all have to be treaed with flatworm exit before sold (which i have).

I have:
2-110w VHO
1-175w MH
1- G2 skimmer
mag 12 closed loop
mag 7 return pump
sump/fuge

James