PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Area Person/company to help maintain a 200g Oceanic

ba
02/13/2005, 04:57 PM
I am looking for a person / company to help out with maintenance on my 200 gallon oceanic.

It's a DSB that is healthy but needs some love / advice to help drive its future.

I would like someone who is a DSB person / subscribes to this methodology.

Easy to work on (relative to many tanks)...

I hope it's ok to post this here.

ich_commando
02/13/2005, 05:20 PM
What all maintainace do you feel it needs? Just general algae scrubbing, water changes, ect? What all does the tank have in it currently as far as lovestock and hardware? How long has the tank been set up? Are there any specific problems with the tank you want addressed?

ba
02/13/2005, 06:29 PM
Just looking for cleaning, water changes, advice on critters and corals, lighting and equip and the DSB especially. I have someone that started cleaning this weekend but they are not DSB "believers" and wants to remove most of the sand. They are very cool and seem knowledgeable, but i didn't see that coming.

It's been up for 2 years 9 months and is well established.

When i started I planned to get into corals but my lighting has never been updated to halides.

It has only 90 pounds of live rock in it and 4inches + of livesand. I ultimately want to put another 225 of liverock and lights in it.

It has a couple of clowns, a butterfly (copperband for my aptasias), a mimic, a serpant star, and a coral banded shrimp. everything except the butterfly and mimic have been in the tank from the beginning.

The tank has an oceanic trickle filter, a little giant pump.

There are no real problems... The tank is at my office and I don't have a lot of time to spend with it. Having someone help with it keeps me motivated and i hope to be able to learn from whoever is helping out with it.

Nomad37
02/13/2005, 09:21 PM
Where in Atlanta is the tank located? Would it be possible to service it on Saturdays? I think I could help you get what your looking for in your tank.

Nomad37

optimus prime
02/16/2005, 10:24 AM
My bud owns a professional maint business in the metro atlanta area and is very good. PM me if you want to get hooked up with him. He does many local celebrity tanks many of which are 300plus gallons. I would say thats your best bet if you want to be on a monthly schedule and you want someone to replenish all of you foods, salt, chems and such for you. If you just want to be able to call someone for help every now and then you would proly be best off just befriending some local reefers that have spare time......