PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have baby brine shrimp??

tooshay
02/12/2005, 11:37 AM
I just found a baby bangaii in my tank! I have him in a small tank, and would like to try to raise him :) I just now started a batch of brine shrimp eggs, but I need some babies now. Does anyone have any already hatched?

KING OF THE REEF
02/12/2005, 12:05 PM
i have frozen if that will help

tooshay
02/12/2005, 12:14 PM
Nope, frozen won't help, I'm afraid :( They eat only live, and they have to be just hatched. Thanks anyway.

KING OF THE REEF
02/12/2005, 12:30 PM
well maybe saturday i can bring you some i might be able to find another batch of eggs locally. i need some for my baby shrooms. ill let you know tho. also what type of corals do you keep? i am wondering so i dont faint when i see your tank lol:)

j's55
02/12/2005, 12:36 PM
I have tonz let me know I Have dwarf seahorses so I always have a batch hatched. My number is 801 910 3924 I just moved here and I dont have another number you can reach me at.

If you want to know what works for me. if you have him in a seperate tank I just put a pinch of eggs in there every day and so they have fresh brine every day and they will still have the yolk sack so they will healthy for your bangaii.

Let me know so I can get em ready for ya.

Josh

tooshay
02/12/2005, 01:47 PM
Imareefer, Saturday will be too late, but I appreciate the offer. The baby bangaii needs food today. I have brine shrimp eggs that will be hatching in the next couple of days but I need some today. Josh is going to hook me up with enough to get us by until mine hatch. Thanks for the offer!

KING OF THE REEF
02/12/2005, 03:17 PM
not a problem im here to help thanks tho for considering the offer also where can i get a batch for my self (of eggs i mean i am critically low and need some asap again eggs not babies).

dgasmd
02/12/2005, 03:28 PM
Sherry:

Too cool of a find. I also heard from a little birdy that a certain killer fairy wrasse made its way into your tank. I guess we'll see it come saturday LOL...................

I love cardinals. I may be adding a dozen or so pajama cardinals to my tank in the future. They have to be eating frozen foods as I will never feed live foods. Too lazy. That is the main reason I ditched the idea of the dwarf seahorses. Too much work for a lazy person like myself.

j's55
02/12/2005, 06:18 PM
I hope you got the brine. I had to go. good luck that is awsome can you post pics of the little guy.
I hope that was enough.

Josh.

tooshay
02/12/2005, 06:39 PM
Josh, thank you SO SO SO much for the shrimp. The little buggar ate for 20 minutes after I put some in the tank!!! They will be plenty until mine hatch. I only wish I could have taken a peek at your seahorses :) Thanks again!

j's55
02/12/2005, 07:12 PM
I know I am sorry. I had plans to go with my friends and so I just told my step dad to give them to You.

I have pics in my gallery.

KING OF THE REEF
02/17/2005, 05:03 PM
where can i get a batch of eggs? i need some also does ne1 have pics of a hatchery i need some ideas for a better one than i have. i want to use soda bottles

tooshay
02/17/2005, 05:12 PM
Splash landing on Indiantown road has the base that you screw a 2 liter soda bottle into. They also have the eggs. The only other thing you need is a small air pump, and some tubing.

KING OF THE REEF
02/17/2005, 10:27 PM
hmm ok ill check that out. im a frequent in there maybe we have seen each other be4 there. lol. ok well now just to get approval from dad to do this. i had a hatchery but it wasnt enough