PDA

View Full Version : banggai and clown, compatible?

bcjm
12/23/2001, 11:16 PM
Can I put a pair of clowns and banggais together for breeding? If yes, what size of tank would you recommend?

Guy
12/23/2001, 11:35 PM
I have a pair of Banggai and a pair of True Percs among several other fish. It's puzzling but the Banggai are the only fish that the clowns let near their host mushroom. From my (limited) experience they seem perfectly compatible, meaning they totally ignore each other LOL.

As for size, I'd give a minimum of 20 gal for the Banggai and another 20 for the Clowns...so I'd recommend a 40 breeder minimum.

afss
12/25/2001, 11:08 AM
I also have a pair of banggais and a pair of perc as well as a pair of coral beautys in my 90 reef. I know the baggais mate, i have just added the second clown and have seen them "nesting" and have also whitnesed the angels do what i think is called soaring.
Good luck
Scott

monkeyboy
12/25/2001, 07:05 PM
How did you sex the CB's? Sounds awesome.

afss
12/25/2001, 11:57 PM
I didn't really.
I had the larger one for a month or so when a smaller (about half size) came into the lfs. I talked them into letting me take it for a few days on a trial basis, if things didn't work out they would take it back at the value i paid against another fish. I floated it in a 1 gallon container for a while. My intenetion was to float it for a few days, but the larger one showed no intrest in the smaller one, so after a few hours i let it out. I was prepared to rip the tank apart to get it out if needed.
There was a few hours of mild chasing, and then not much of anything. They still chase each other a few times a day, but nothing serious, no more than the damsel do to each other.
Scott