PDA

View Full Version : Masna

JasonF
12/23/2001, 10:04 AM
I'm going to venture a guess, that most of us have been following this (http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51773) thread? I would hate to see the organization go under, but am having some serious reservations based on the way they have handled the money issue. Deficite spending is never a good idea. Do we realy want to become a part of national MASNA right now or hold off?

DrkShadow
12/23/2001, 10:27 AM
Man took forever to swim through all those posts. Sounds like a stinky mess to me, they can't even agree on the problems they have, so how is one to fix those problems? They can't even decide how much $ their truely in the hole.

rldavis
12/23/2001, 04:43 PM
Jason,

I would have to say that I vote we hold off. We can still collect dues for the club and if things shape up later we can join. Don and I have similar reservations. On one hand I hate to see them go under because it's been such a great organization in the past, but on the other hand if someone doesn't come up with some cold hard numbers and some pretty damn good reasons then I'm afraid that people will just let it die. I do feel that as a club we should probably wait. If anyone out there reads these threads and feels like they want to contribute there's always an individual membership, I believe I read it was $20.

What do the rest of you think?? I guess we don't have much time to decide. I think I'm going to start a poll, and if someone has something more they want to say they can just add a thread.

Thanks and have a happy and safe Holiday!!
Becky

Kyle McClain
12/23/2001, 11:01 PM
I also think we should hold off. However the bungling of the money was really the club that hosted the last MACNA fault. In the begining they secured a hotel that was way to small...and when MASNA discovered this it was to late and the only thing left was really expensive and to big...but they had no choice. They had hoped that walk traffic would make up the differance but they came up short.

SciGuy2
12/24/2001, 09:51 AM
Bummer. I was planning on going.

SciGuy2
12/26/2001, 11:01 AM
So if we "find" $20K sounds like we can own MASNA.

Hmmm, very sad.

-Sci

Kyle McClain
12/26/2001, 02:04 PM
don't give up hope they may find a wealth benifactor or corporaton willing to help

Kyle