PDA

View Full Version : A must for all mail transactions!

jwishy
12/22/2001, 10:53 AM
Well I have just got done reading a mail-order horror story(about a never received calcium reactor) so I thought I might post what I believe to be is some really good advice. First off all of my advice I have learned through my extensive buying and selling on Ebay in which I currently have 369 positives with 0 negatives.

First off, people are creatures of habit, they will more then likely use the same ID in different places. What I mean is my user ID on RC and Ebay are the same, this was done so when I go to sell something on RC you can reference me on Ebay. That is not to say that a unknowing dishonest person can do the same thing without thinking of the cross-referencing.

And this goes for paypal as well, just cross reference them with their email address and you can get a ton of information. Like REAL NAME.

Now if you are not using Paypal you MUST use a FEDERAL POSTAL MONEY ORDER. You MUST MUST MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is one thing for someone not to mail you something, yes that is mail fraud and occurs each and every day. And yes that is a Federal Offense. But you can now multiply that Federal Offense by 100 because they have just defrauded using Government backed funds. And what makes it worse is the fact that if the money exchange was done over state lines.

But to really guarantee a perfect transaction you must think of the person as a idiot.

TELL THEM EVERYTHING YOU WANT AND REQUIRE

i.e. insurance, tracking, carrier, box type, box size, box color, whatever, do not leave a single stone unturned.

Well I hope I have reached some people out there with this post.

Happy Reefing.