PDA

View Full Version : New to MS Reefer

AlphaPhiReefer
02/06/2005, 07:40 PM
I moved from Philadelphia to Jackson, MS this past October. Don't hold it against me...

In Philadelpha I had a 125g Fish Only Tank of 3 years and a 120g Reef Tank of 2 years. I really hated to part with them. Anyway, being the addicted reefer that I am, I could not wait to get settled here and start all over again. I decided to downsize a little as my townhouse here is far smaller than my house was in Philadelphia and I intend to put the tank in my home-office which is on the second floor.

I recently ordered a 70g acrilic tank, 36" x 15" x 20" I believe. It should be delivered later this week. I also ordered 70 lbs. of Live Rock the following day, probably prematurely. If the LR arrives before I get the tank set up it won't be alive very long. I just realized this potential problem. That's the problem with being an addict, I just can't wait patiently and do things methodically. I want it yesterday... I'm sure some of you know what I mean...

I guess I will need to mix some Salt Water ASAP so when the Live Rock arrives, probably in a few days, at least I wll have some place to put it, and maybe some of it will survive... I feel like a bone-head... Maybe I will change my "handle"... Just call me "Bonehead"...

Anyone have a better solution?

When and where do you all meet? I love Reef-Tank Keeping and can't wait to get set up and fully stocked... See there we go again, "can't wait"... Mybe you guys, and gals, can help me...?

thardy
02/06/2005, 07:43 PM
did you want to sell some of it?