PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor update at nine months

vermonter310
02/06/2005, 12:15 PM
I treated my tank with interceptor to rid it of cirolanid isopods back in May of '04. Which was very sucsessful by the way. Last night was the first time in quite some time(months) I've had the oppratunity to view my tank at night under the moonlights. I work at 5am, up at 3:30 but by then the moonlights have gone off. anyway, pods everywhere! the good kind. I new they were making a comeback but I was suprised to see so many. This was done through the donations of macro algea,rock rubble and some sand from the members of SWAM. I also bought a bottle of copopods via the net. The powefilter I use to run carbon, I'm sumpless, is absolutly teaming with copopods. Amphipods were all over, on the sand and rock.

Just an update for those that have or are considering the use of Interceptor.

Mike

Ewan
02/06/2005, 07:42 PM
Glad to hear, Mike.

I've used interceptor several times, and I always end up with pods again in a few months. Last time I used interceptor, I upped the dose by quite a bit. No bugs since. Lots of pods though.

In my case, I added a small ball of chaetomorpha from my other tank. That stuff is always teeming with pods.

-Rob