PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer came broke today. :(

Lilgrasshopper
12/21/2001, 12:32 AM
I bought a Coralhound skimmer from a guy here on RC and it came broke today. It's all shattered. I"m so mad, I was gonna use it on my new tank. He shipped it to me...you've guessed it UPS! Damn that company I swear! Last time I had a 4o gallon acrylic tank sent to me, it broke. So what do I do now? I don't even know if they guy sent it with insurance...I hope so. I just sent him an email. Man, the skimmer is more flimsey than I had thought. Nothing like my like acrylic tubes that I have at home. Got it for 180 shipped...I better get my money back.

Mickster
12/21/2001, 03:19 AM
Man, I can't believe that happened to ya. Now you know how I feel about buying things online from people when they're not an actual business. I was wanting to see that skimmer since I passed up on it. Sorry Tom. Let me know how things turn out........

Mickey

DrkShadow
12/21/2001, 11:30 AM
Was it insured? :(

Yea I think UPS plays soccer with their parcels or something. I always try to use Airborne, I seem to have best luck with them. But there a little more money, but I get a discount shipping from work.

That really bites. I hope mine comes in okay. My Euroreef CS6-2 should be here today, I hope. Hopefully FedEx brings it in one piece :confused:

Lilgrasshopper
12/24/2001, 01:23 PM
Richard:
How's your CS6-2? Have u got it yet? I"m thinking of getting a CS8-3 for my 75 gallon tank. I want a big skimmer, enough to handle my future 225 gallon tank. I hope it's as good as people say it is cuz this is gonna send me to the bread line.

Don:
I'm using my 95 gallon sump to put that skimmer in there. Heck, I"m even gonna use my iron stand...forget about building stand...too tired and don't have enough time. I have a hood that I made for the old 75...just gonna cut it shorter. It's gonna look odd, but oh well...I don't want to move alot of things next year when I move back to Houston.

Tom.

Merry Christmas everyone.

DrkShadow
12/24/2001, 01:38 PM
Read this...

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52693

I'm pretty ****ed... Last time I buy like that until I check the people out better.

Lilgrasshopper
12/24/2001, 04:55 PM
Man, sorry to hear that Richard. I'll help u come over there to kick his ***. :D
What's the best place to buy Euroreef skimmer? I plan to buy it soon.

DrkShadow
12/24/2001, 05:04 PM
Here's a place to look. I'll order from them if I get my $ back. It's a bit cheaper then premium. I ordered a digital thermometer from them for now.

http://www.marinedepot.com

I'll give this dood until Friday before I send a complaint to Paypal and post a nasty msg in the feedback forum. I'm trying to be nice for now. Did you get a refund on your broken skimmer?

UPS I've heard is terrible lately about that. I've never had a problem using Airborne Express as I use them at work all the time. Good luck!

Lilgrasshopper
12/24/2001, 09:34 PM
The guy who sold it to me is being very understanding and cooperative. He's not a bad person. He filed a claim with UPS for me and hopefully I'll get my money back before long.
The skimmer broke at the big tube where it's attached to the box...I'm trying to salvage it by grinding the jagged edges off and use my 6" OD tube to connect it...and make it taller. I think I can make it work...but I'd still file that complained cuz it's causing me alot of work.