PDA

View Full Version : What a Steal, Rose anemones $20

clwnphish
12/20/2001, 10:08 PM
At my LFS they had some rose bubbletips labeled as australian mushroom anemones, when they really were Rose anemones :D
I talked to a lady that works there, who is very knowledgable, abut them and she told me to not tell anyone else, because she wanted one for herself :p I got 2 they are aout 2in in diameter and seem very healthy, I just thought it was amazing to get one for that low of a price, I was going to buy one of the same size online for $100!
Clwn

jbf16falcon
12/20/2001, 10:50 PM
I just delivered a couple to my LFS today for 60.00 apiece and they are selling them for 120.00 each. One sold as soon as it was put in the tank. So I would say you got a good deal. What color did you get?

ScavDog
12/20/2001, 11:23 PM
I should be so lucky! :beer: congrats!

clwnphish
12/21/2001, 09:52 AM
The base is a nice deep burgandy with red tentacles and the very tis are kind a more purpleish red. I'm thinking of re-setting up my 10 gallon nano ad get about 5 of these little guys and a baby maroon clown, but I doubt I will. I have about a million other things to do right now.
Clwn

MaryHM
12/26/2001, 06:54 PM
Hmmm....

"Australian", "deep burgundy base", "red tentacles".....

Tell me, do the tentacles look more pointed than bulbous??

clwnphish
12/26/2001, 07:37 PM
I'm 95% positive it is a bubble tip, I have 2 types of buble tips a normal green one and then one with a red base and brownish tentacles, this one looks just like them both onyl, red. So yes, the tentacles are more bulbous.
Later,
Clwn

MaryHM
12/27/2001, 12:44 AM
The reason why I ask is because there is a very small (usually less than 3" in diameter) anemone that is imported from Australia. The anemone is usually called a Warantah. It is extremely deep maroon/red in color, usually with fairly pointed tentacles. It would retail for around $20-$30. Could you post a pic of what you have?

clwnphish
12/27/2001, 08:44 AM
No sorry, I dont have a digital camera or normal camera right now. I do believe it is a bubble tip though because it is right next to my 2 other bubble tips, they all look a like just different colors, and my mated pair of maroons go in the little rose.
clwn