PDA

View Full Version : Portland Gathering

portcityreef
02/04/2005, 07:43 PM
HEY GUYS

JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE WAS INTERESTED IN ANOTHER MEETING DOWN HERE ON MONDAY THE 14TH, IN THE EVENING. NOT SURE ABOUT TOPICS YET, WE'LL TAKE SUGGESTIONS, BUT WE'RE THINKING ABOUT LIVE FOODS AND HOW TO RAISE THEM. ITS SOMETHING I THINK WE WILL BE GROWING AT (VIA DAN) AND SELLING THROUGH THE STORE. ANYWAYS LET US KNOW AND IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED WE HAVE 20 SOMETHING USED 40 BREEDER TANKS LEFT HERE TO GET RID OF, THEY'RE ALL DRILLED. ALSO SOME USED 36" 96WATT PC FIXTURES TOO. DROP A LINE IF YOUR INTERESTED.
BECKY AND ANNA
PCR

Hedonist
02/05/2005, 11:37 AM
Yeah.. sounds like a great meet topic but whatever the topic is.. weather permitting, I'll be there!

My husband will probably shoot me but... I would love to have a small tank up stairs in my sunroom.... perhaps I should start with a 40g ... it will be easy enough to move if the temp cannot be easly controlled! How about holding one off for me and I will look at a PC strip as well.. see ya tomorrow at any rate!
denise

sierra112
02/06/2005, 02:01 PM
Still lookin' for a topic...How about "How to **** off your spouse by going to a reef meet on Valentines Day!!!"

Ewan
02/06/2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by sierra112
Still lookin' for a topic...How about "How to **** off your spouse by going to a reef meet on Valentines Day!!!"

:D I like it.

Also my anniversary... I would pay dearly.

Hedonist
02/07/2005, 08:14 AM
How about this angle...Valentines day is just a day created by Hallmark and florists... love for each other is or should be celebrated everyday.. no cards/flowers required...just your adoration 365 days a yr ;)

spotfin
02/07/2005, 08:43 AM
Yes, you should celebrate love every day. But, don't you dare make plans on Valentine's day!!!!!
Happy anniversary Rob.

Hedonist
02/07/2005, 03:23 PM
At any rate, if anyone cares to venture south on the 14th, let me know, maybe we can carpool.......
Denise

Hedonist
02/08/2005, 12:37 PM
I have had several people say they need DT's phyto... I will bring back some DT's form Portland Mon... does anyone else want me to pick some up as well? If they have enough I will get what I can.. they are getting some in this week and I already spoke for 4 bottles..... Let me know !

Denise

portcityreef
02/09/2005, 02:48 PM
hey guys

just thought i would throw out the idea of swtiching the meeting to a different night so more people could make it down. i no one wants to then we will leave it as is, just let us know.

Hedonist
02/09/2005, 03:32 PM
I do not think there are any others from the north/central that will be going.. if you are, please make mention of it...

Most work on Mon and it is too much to drive an hr or right after work to get there.........If you are looking for a bigger draw from the NC area, we should look at weekends for the meet. I am planning on coming.. to look at the gorg and get some DT's... I fortunately have Mon off.. otherwise I would probably not find myself there either on a week night. Also want to look in a PC set and possibly a 40g breeder....

Do you have interest from locals or is it because it is Valentines day? I mentioned to a guy at PetCo in S Prtland that said he was interesed in a saltwater club.... not sure if he plans on going for sure tho We should get some flyers around town....

Denise

vermonter310
02/09/2005, 04:51 PM
Monday's just aren't very good for me. Lot's of stuff going on.

Mike

Hedonist
02/11/2005, 06:50 AM
I spoke with Becky last night... sounds like the meet will be postponed... guess there is some big deal about Valentines day or something... what's up with that?!?!;)

Hopefully PCR will post a new date soon!

Hint: You will proably get more central and northern reefers if you hold it on a weekend.. extra hint (selfish as it may sound) I work Sat mornings til noonish :p

I still plan on a trip to get some Phyto on Monday........looking at a bottle or Bryan, Tyler, Rob and myself so far... any oothers?????

Denise

Ewan
02/13/2005, 01:09 PM
Becky/Anna,

How much for the drilled 40 gal breeders? the bubble-tip I purchased a couple of months back is splitting like crazy, and has strangled all but 2 of my SPS frags. I went from having a tank full of SPS to a tank full of anemones. :(

I plan to use the 40gal to set up an anemone ranch in the fishroom.

Also, I have a new, full container of ARM calcium reactor media. I can't use it in my Schuran reactor. Would you be willing to accept it in trade for something? Store credit perhaps?

-Rob.

natybug
02/13/2005, 07:29 PM
Rob, you want my SPS? I'd give them to ya.

natybug
02/13/2005, 07:32 PM
Or trade you for an anemone... :)

Ewan
02/13/2005, 09:28 PM
Sounds good Dawn, I'd love to trade!

Whenever is good for you. I've got 2 that look like they're going to split this week too. I've got a frickin' pile of them.

For the most part, I think they'll stay put for you. It's my freakishly strong flow that keeps them moving about and splitting.

Let me know when you'd like to trade, and how many you'd like. :D

Thanks!

-Rob

ME2003
02/14/2005, 12:40 AM
"Also, I have a new, full container of ARM calcium reactor media"
I would be interested what are you looking for a price?
I have the this calcium reactor.

http://www.marinetechnical.com/procal.htm

After reading your thread I thought about the Schuran reactor
media. I may try that in the future but will start with the ARM.
I do not know if this CA reactor would work with Schuran reactor
media

portcityreef
02/14/2005, 12:37 PM
hey rob

the breeder tanks are $40 give us a call if you are interested........
anna pcr 775-6555

Ewan
02/16/2005, 09:16 PM
Thanks Anna. See you Saturday.

Dan, How about a trade for a couple of frags? How do you like your reactor, btw?

Let me know.

Regards,

Rob

ME2003
02/17/2005, 12:27 AM
Rob

If you were refering to trading for the Arm media,
It is Mike not Dan. I do not have any frags to trade.
I will pay a reasonable price for it. I just have not order it
yet.
I can not report on the calcium reactor yet.
This is the current state of my tank

Mike

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/24612tank100.jpg

Hedonist
02/18/2005, 08:07 AM
One person from the south has posted an interest in home made food... maybe when PCR picks the date for a gathering, we could do this as well as talk about live feed?????

Let us know so we can arrange to bring in goodies for the feed?!?!?!
Denise

portcityreef
02/18/2005, 02:49 PM
test of image upload

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/69836fish.jpg

portcityreef
02/18/2005, 03:14 PM
testing on how to post an image....enjoyhttp://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/69836naso.jpg

Hedonist
02/19/2005, 09:41 AM
Are these shots form Dans tank or is it LS you have in the shop?

cabin
02/19/2005, 10:34 AM
I just wanted to weigh in as another person who won't come on a Monday night, but would come on an weekend.
Wynne