PDA

View Full Version : Two for dinner...

Scarlett
02/02/2005, 08:52 PM
So, the hubby came home after visiting Atlantis Aquariums. Marvin, I hope you feel better soon. You should have been there to tell Steven not to buy those two peppermint shrimp. They got eaten within the hour, if not 30 minutes, after being put in the tank. All we saw was a Marine Beta with a seriously fat belly and antenna hanging out his mouth.:lol:

Atlantis Aquariums
02/02/2005, 09:39 PM
You can have a frag in place of the dinner for the beta. I do have ghost shrimp which are MUCH cheaper than peppermints, LOL .

Marvin

ranceego
02/02/2005, 09:56 PM
beta sounds so tough from the fresh water ones then you get salt. big change

SunDragon
02/02/2005, 10:19 PM
Hey, I knew it was a risk, and figured what the hey. I thought if they cleaned up a few aiptaisia before they got it then great. I didnt expect them to be a snack in 30 minutes.

I would like to have at least seen them get eaten.

Appreciate the compensation marvin, but its not necessary. I knew well the risk before I bought them.

Charlie Davidson
02/04/2005, 08:08 AM
Lina, The only shrimp I was able to keep in my tank was cleaner shrimp. (untill I moved to my new tank, and I gave away shrimp eaters) I am sure the Beta will not go- awesome fish, minor problem (eating shrimp)

I now have 4 peps- but they really hide alot!!! the 2 cleaner are allways out and about! they get on my arm any time my hand goes in to upright frags knocked over by snails. ( dirty arm?)

How are new milies doing?

strictly marine
02/04/2005, 09:46 AM
You can buy a lobster for what you paid for those pep shrimp. I swear, sometimes the fish eat better than we do.

morphx
02/06/2005, 12:24 AM
Mantis might put up more of a fight :lol:

ranceego
02/07/2005, 05:11 PM
mantis might kill beta

Charlie Davidson
02/07/2005, 07:02 PM
I think he meant a lobster for dinner verses shrimp dinner for fish!

SunDragon
03/01/2005, 02:28 PM
Update:

Last night after we got the little one down to sleep, I went downstairs to check out the tank(hadent looked at it all night). Of course it was after 10pm, so I turned on the light on the celing fan to make sure everything was okay. Guess what I saw?

You guessed it, a peppermint shrimp was hanging out on the overflow, and then quickly scurried back into the rock work. Beats me how the guy has avoided the betta this long!

ranceego
03/01/2005, 03:19 PM
I had peppermints with my lion, He would stalk from time to time, but never got them, then i added the trigger, that killed all the shrimps and finally the lion. Triggers in my mind are the mean guys on the block