PDA

View Full Version : Is your tank insured?

LeonasAngels
02/01/2005, 02:12 PM
By your home owners or renters insurance?

I've just called our insurance company to ask him a few questions. Like if the kids through a baseball and crashes the tank. If an electrically storm hits us. Who knows. Something short circuit the system starts a fire. I go through State Farm some things are covered through our renters insurance but he is checking on adding addional insurance mainly for the New tank. I told him about 3,000. plus give or take. I figure ounce he tells me some costs I will raise it if I need to.
What about everyone else?

assassinco97
02/03/2005, 09:32 AM
It probably wont cover livestock....but it might be a good idea for the actual fixtures and tank. Hmmm.....wonder if I should think about this with my new halides coming in

tinyreefer
02/03/2005, 01:09 PM
I never thought about the tanks being covered. I'll have to check into it too.

LeonasAngels
02/03/2005, 04:42 PM
Well I heard from my insurance agent yesterday. I can not insure the live stock. (basically anything inside the water). But the tank and everything in the tank is insured under our renters insurance. For 10 bucks a month i think it's worth it.
Leona

chriscobb
02/07/2005, 08:14 AM
I was going to say Leona I have State Farm as well and have had to use it with my Oceanic and found out that they don't cover livestock and it does say in the policy that they don't cover fish, mammals or birds... Where do corals actually fall into these categories????

LeonasAngels
02/07/2005, 09:00 AM
hmm good question. maybe we insure them......yeah baby

podeater
02/08/2005, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty certain that no company will insure any animals...especially saltwater fish and the like.