PDA

View Full Version : Sorry about the meeting..

Zombies026
02/01/2005, 01:46 PM
I have to say I am sorry for missing the meeting on sunday.I hope it was great,I had missed due to me and the wife had to put our dog down sat night due to old age,so its safe to say we didn't want to leave on sunday and wanted to stay home, again I am sorry for missing it but I will be at the next one with bells on..
On kinda of a lighter note last night I was hearing this really weird noise from my tank while playing a video game and the noise kinda scared me it sounded like my tank was cracking,so I looked around in every nook and cranny and found a new addition,its a little guy and its either a mantis or pistol shrimp,it is still to small and young to tell but then again I am new so maybe someone would know,all I know is that it about half an inch long and is clear thats why I am thinking its still to early..What do I need to look for to know fer sure what it is??And if it is a mantis aren't they pretty bad for tanks?Thanks for the help...

R.J.

z28cam
02/01/2005, 06:08 PM
Sorry to hear about your pooch :(

The next meeting is February 19 at Jandlms's house so hopefully you can make that one.

Stigmatic
02/01/2005, 06:44 PM
I guess it depends on the Mantis. The most common stomatopod are the 1-2 inches plain green ones. These typicaly will not harm any of your fish, but may snag a snail here and there. This type of mantis is less of a risk to your tank than a common carpet anemone... I had caught 5 in my rock from TBS... lol

I am also sorry i could not make it to the party. I had a soccer game that afternoon that i didnt want to miss.

mrpink44
02/01/2005, 08:20 PM
zombie - sorry to hear about the dog!!! Hopefully you can make the next meeting and get a chance to meet everyone.

BryanJ
02/01/2005, 10:17 PM
Has a place or date been set for the second meeting?

z28cam
02/01/2005, 11:19 PM
See my post above :rolleyes:

BryanJ
02/02/2005, 12:52 PM
That answer when and who but not where.

mrpink44
02/02/2005, 01:54 PM
I would think Jandlms will post something with directions and such. He handed out directions at the meeting. If nothing else, you could try to PM him.

We decided on having the meetings on the 3rd Saturday of each month at 10am.

BryanJ
02/02/2005, 02:47 PM
That was a great decision! Sundays are just to hard for me. My calendar is clear for that day so I will definitely be there and look forward to meeting everyone.

Aquabucket
02/02/2005, 06:47 PM
Sorry to hear about your dog R.J.

Originally posted by mrpink44

We decided on having the meetings on the 3rd Saturday of each month at 10am.

I guess that's what I get for showing up late. Oh well.

I have to work on Saturdays ~ bummer ~ it looks like I won't be able to make any more meetings. I will still be in touch though for frag trades I guess.

z28cam
02/02/2005, 09:28 PM
Maybe we should just hold the meetings at Animal Adventure then. Talk about a frag trade :)

Zombies026
02/04/2005, 12:31 PM
TY all...Well I found out what it is..Its a pistol,I was looking around my tank last night (again LoL) and he came all the way out and sure as the day is long he's a pistol..1 great big claw and a little itty bitty claw...But as for color he still don't have any,its almost like u can see right through him..