PDA

View Full Version : Tank Pictures

ericriff
01/31/2005, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone. I just wanted to share a picture of my tank in Spartanburg. Anone else live in Spartanburg?

http://columbiamarineaquariumclub.org/albums/album08/tn_DSC01050.jpg

Please post pictures of your tanks also. I've seen quite a few people's tanks in the Columbia area, but I dont know anyone locally in Spartanburg that has a reef tank.

Jamesurq
01/31/2005, 05:03 PM
Looking good Eric! I work here in Spartanburg. Where do you shop? I've been to that "sporting goods and Aquariums" store a few times (it's on my way to work) - any other marine stores around here?

I'll post a picture of my tank - it's pretty new so there's really not much to see....

http://reefmonkey.com/images/new%20fishtank%205/Full.jpg

lazycharlie
01/31/2005, 06:22 PM
Nice tanks guys! I like the bright red starfish Ericriff

ericriff
01/31/2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks James and lazycharlie

You're tank looks looks good for a frag tank ;) I'm sure it'll look very nice in about a years time when they grow into colonies.

I usually don't do any shopping in Spartanburg since the stores generally don't have anything worth buying. I received most of the stuff in that tank through members of CMAC. As for sps corals which I keep in my tank at school (in Columbia)l, I've purchased most of them from club members or from Fins which is probably the best LFS in the area. If you havn't been, I would recommend taking a trip down 85.

-Eric

Jamesurq
01/31/2005, 09:43 PM
I'll have to take a look. Yeah - it seems like Columbia is the place to go for corals huh. I got a frag pack from "Pi" (paul) . He has some nice corals...

I'm pretty much done putting in corals. Maybe a few low lighters to fill in the low spots - and maybe a sun coral...

ericriff
01/31/2005, 09:55 PM
If you want a piece of green M. cap (no purple rim) just let me know. Its a good low light coral, and very good at filling in spots. Its about to grow into the glass so its almost time to frag it again.

If you drive by the sports/aquarium store to go to work you're not to far from my house. I live off of Reidville Rd. if you're familliar with the area.

Jamesurq
01/31/2005, 10:11 PM
Thanks man - I actually have a pretty good sized chunk of the green cap already. They grow so fast - I'm keeping it on the bottom/back - the last one I had in the middle/top grew so fast it basically shaded half the tank!!