PDA

View Full Version : Rotifers

H.crispa
01/30/2005, 07:11 PM
Gang, I have marine rotifers running out my ears. If anyone wants to start a culture of their own just give me a shout. All you need for a simple setup is a 10 gallon tank, an air pump, a light and a handful of fertilizer. Good quality live plankton to feed to the reef or raise baby clowns or whatever.

odoprelude
01/30/2005, 09:22 PM
I would be interested in some... I have another bunch of clownfish eggs... Looks like this may be a regular thing..

H.crispa
01/30/2005, 09:44 PM
Yeah, they usually spawn about every 2 weeks once they start. Get that book by Joyce Wilkerson if you really want to raise them. Plus I have a few tricks up my sleeve as well. Just let me know when you want to pick them up and I'll drop them off at the shop. I also have greenwater that is a mix of several species. Here is a great place to get micro algae fertilizer:
http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/5947/cid/1687

odoprelude
01/31/2005, 06:28 PM
you're not heading down by there tomorrow are you? btw... I like the nano-nano tank you have going down there...

H.crispa
01/31/2005, 07:31 PM
Yes, I'll drop off a bagful of them. They are easy to culture. The picoreef is ok except for the overheating problem. I'm thinking of using a peltier element to cool it.

H.crispa
02/02/2005, 12:32 AM
I just finished my experiment. As long as you don't freeze them they on't seem to mind the cold. So just pay shipping and I'll send them to you.

odoprelude
02/02/2005, 05:42 PM
I checked the eggs last night before I went upstairs at about 11:00 and they were still there, got up this morning and they were hatched.. I guess we'll have to wait for a week or two for the next clutch... I'll have to get some more green water and rotifers from you then... Thanks..