PDA

View Full Version : Tank room underway!!!!

Hedonist
01/27/2005, 08:54 AM
Started re-modeling the tank room this week! The sheet rock is due to go up and get taped and mudded Sat!!!!

WAHOOOOOOO!!!

vermonter310
01/27/2005, 01:59 PM
Pic's ??? Where's the pics??

Hedonist
01/28/2005, 06:44 AM
I am lacking that little thingy... whatduyacallit... oh yeah CAMERA!!!!!

Would be nice for some before and after shots tho... was looking at some pics of our house and property when we first bought it ... kinda neat to see the transformations!!!

Denise

Hedonist
02/04/2005, 05:06 PM
Got the room all taped and sanded, ceiling is done as well.... now if I just had some water to wipe the dust from the wall and wash the mud blobs from the floor:rolleye1:

Seems as tho our well decided to crap out...plummer worked all day yesterday, well driller today... back to plummer this afternoon...... sounds like the line from the well to the house has shifted and the water is going somewhere out into the yard instead of our house:confused:

Hopefully we can use the well by turning the power on to the pump only while we use water... til spring when we can fix the problem YE HAAAAAAHHH:mixed:

Hopefully that does not slow us down too much.... was needing water to acid stain the floor, wipe the walls down and to fill the tank eventually.. let's see if I carry a gallon form work each day it will take me about 100 trips ( I make 2 trips a day:p )

See ya Sat!
Denise

vermonter310
02/04/2005, 06:03 PM
Wow, Bummer about the well. You don't realize how much water you use 'till you don't have it!

Mike

Ewan
02/04/2005, 10:48 PM
You guys are going with the acid stain?

Nice!

Keep us updated on the project.

-R

Hedonist
02/12/2005, 08:11 PM
The wall are finally primed! Should be getting around to the ceiling this week some time.....

Our Cousin is finally ready to replace our stair treads so that will be a slight delay... was not planning to do that right away :(

Oh well, the last week of the month ,while Dan is in Reno, I will prep the concrete for staining....am really curious how that will turn out........

March should not be too bad to build the stand in an unheated garage :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am getting there slowly but surely! And to think last fall I was planing on remodeling the bathroom... funny how plans change!!!!!
dg

Hedonist
03/30/2005, 12:31 PM
Well after a few diversions the tank stand is underway!!! :beer:
:dance:

Granted it is only the frame for the 'kickboard' of the stand but hey... it is officially started!!!! I was so excited I wanted to take a shot of it but figured that is a bit much!!!!

Still have a few other diversions to wrap up but we are getting closer.....!!!

dg

SaltyDogg
03/31/2005, 12:13 AM
I am very glad to hear that things are finally starting to take shape my friend..............Can't wait to see some pictures...........:)

Hedonist
05/13/2005, 09:17 PM
WAAAAAHOOOOOO

The tank is on the stand:bounce1: :bounce3: :bounce2:

2 side cabinet shells are in the garage, will set them next to the stand tomorrow...

Saw John tonight and got a few overflo kits... (man does that guy have some tanks... they are everywhere!) Did a little trade, a few anenomes on a couple good chunks of rock for some salt while I was there..... Still got at least one anenome that will need a home!

Skimmer should be here in a few weeks as well as some fans for the top.....Hope to have water in it by the end of the month!!!!

BTW has anyone here had any experience with the black foam used for pond scaping? Saw a thread and thought this might be a good way to hide the Tunze that should be here next week....???

BTW if anyone has a cement floor they would like to do something different with, 'acid' stainig is kinda neat.. not too difficult and gives a different look... .

I'll try to get some pic soon

See ya

Denise

SaraR
05/14/2005, 07:42 AM
:bounce2: WOO HOO! That is awesome Denise!:bounce2:

Sara

SOMEthinsFISHY
06/23/2005, 03:57 PM
nice comment about john denise !!