PDA

View Full Version : If your looking for a New Tank

LeonasAngels
01/23/2005, 10:01 PM
SHOP AROUND ..............ASK AROUND. I thought that fish place was a decent price until a fellow shopper showed me the Light in my room (fish room) that is. I noticed a couple of people in our local area that was looking for a new upgrade to there tank or just a new one. I know of #1 place that I have not seen ANYONE beat there prices. You might have to pay S/H or delivery charge. But come on. Let's put it this way. I'm getting a brand new 90g tank, Stand, Canopy, Sump/fuge, drilled for c/l, 2 built in over flows just under 800.00. YES, I did not make a mistake. This compared to the 3,000 dollar price tag that LFS had ( name above). All I'm saying just becuase your in this hobby doesn't mean you have to spend an arm and a leg on just the tank.

Leona

If you would like the web site of the place I'm ordering my tank. Please email me. I don't know if we can post other people's web sites on here. LeonasAngels@comcast.net

tinyreefer
01/24/2005, 09:50 AM
Congrats on the new tank and the savings!

LeonasAngels
01/24/2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks

chriscobb
01/24/2005, 05:37 PM
You found out about Tom??? His prices are good... If he has deliveries in the area then shipping is really good. He did my 240 with eurobracing custom center overflow, 2 2" holes for CL and drilled my eurobracing to plumb my OM for $870.00....

Again Congrats.... It does pay to compare.... If you need help mounting the new lights just give me a hollar!!!!!

LeonasAngels
01/24/2005, 05:48 PM
WOW that's great chriscobb. I will defently look you up when it comes to lighting. Did you do your lighting from scratch or did you buy a retrofit kit? I'm trying to price out both. I'v already gotten my hubby to give me alot of the money. But I want to make sure that I don't go over.
Leona

chriscobb
01/26/2005, 10:43 AM
I'm still in the planning stages of deciding on my lights and hopefully will get some good info at the meetings. Can't decide between the SE or DE MH..... I will be doing it from scratch. Haven't bought a retro since 1991 from Hamilton and trust me it's alot more satisfying when you do it all yourself. That's just my opinion though.......

LeonasAngels
01/26/2005, 10:47 AM
alrighty now you got me.

SE

DE?

chriscobb
01/26/2005, 10:52 AM
Hi Leona, I see your online.... SE = stands for single end and DE= stands for double end kinda like the halogen bulb in light fixtures. I haven't seen any first hand to really comment on the DE. I've been told by some that the light spread isn't the same as the SE and others have said I wouldn't notice the difference the spread is the same..... I do know that the DE bulbs are overdriven by the ballast which is why their intensity is greater than SE..... Still not sure why you want to overdrive a bulb?????

LeonasAngels
01/26/2005, 11:52 AM
I guess cause there costly that you want to get what you can out of it. Well now that I know the difference. I will be getting the SE. As for the electonic or magnetic ballasts I don't know yet.

P.S. I"M ALWAYS ONLINE in between cuppies, diaper changing and feedings and putting laundry away.
Do you have kids?
Leona

chriscobb
01/26/2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah I have 2 daughters.... 1 will be 14 and the other is 4..... The 14 year old is to busy talking on the phone and the 4 year old always wants to help no matter what your doing. I've run both style ballasts in the past magnetic get rather warm to the touch, electronic are cooler and conserve electricity.....I prefer the electronic

NCNBilly
01/28/2005, 10:53 AM
My 70Mh is a DE.. The bulbs put out less heat than their SE counterparts as well. I only wish I'd have gone 150 instead. I can always change the ballast I guess.