PDA

View Full Version : Tunze group order ??

Country Boy
01/22/2005, 08:25 PM
This is some info I picked up from a fellow reef central reefer.

" If I were you , Get in touch with user name oceanrealm.His store name is Hi tech aquarium. He gave me a good deal from a order I did with 4 other people. good luck, Mike. Btw he is locaed in NY."

Anyone interested?

griffey83
01/22/2005, 10:56 PM
i would have been interested 2 months ago. however, i thought tunze was a company that guranteed the price of there products would not be changed by purchasing quantity. example online companies couldnt buy a bunch since there online consumer market is bigger and beat out the lfs. just what i heard though

Charlie Davidson
01/23/2005, 03:29 PM
griffey83- did you already get yours? I plan to buy soon! country boy, beware good deals from somone you don't know. (sure you are aware of this)

Country Boy
01/23/2005, 03:48 PM
Nope..i was just browsing around and came across this Thread, I havent even looked into it yet... Waiting for my tax check to come back..getting 2 tunze and new RO unit, and sell the 400 Watt MH unit I just bought and get 2 250 Watts instead! << That was another one of those lessons you learn the hard way!

AQUAN8TOR
01/23/2005, 04:21 PM
PM me if you are looking for streams locally. I have my own business outside the aquarium shop, but I don't want it to look like I'm stealing business, so shoot me a PM instead. There isn't enough of a markup on the streams to justify us keeping very expensive pumps in stock.

Charlie Davidson
01/23/2005, 05:31 PM
What kind of 400w did you get! do you have bulb? maybe you can just change the ballast inside. I may be willing to do it for bulb!!??

Country Boy
01/23/2005, 05:43 PM
Its a 400 Watt raw ballast with capasitor, NEW. I think Made by advance .. same one Hellolights sells. I havent even tried it out yet, i have no bulb for it yet, I bought everything, and then couldnt afford the bulb. lol

Country Boy
01/23/2005, 05:45 PM
My tank is 4x2x2 someone told me to put just a 400 W on it and it would be great, then reading other threads i found out that it will only light generally a 2 foot square area.. so im thinking sell the 400 Watt unit, and buy 2 250's with 10xm bullbs maybe. or 20 XM

Charlie Davidson
01/23/2005, 05:49 PM
Nate, you not out tonight either? Really hope things are doing better for you!!!! I guess streams at shop could tie up alot of money!!
I have spent alot on powerheads/ many did not last more than one year! And they still did not do the job!!!!!

BTW, Regon- RO/DI unit is the best money I have spent!!

Country Boy
01/23/2005, 06:12 PM
Did u see the post i sent the other day on the unti i want? here i'll post it again!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=20756&item=4352035733&tc=photo

Everyone said they thought it was a good deal.. this ebayer only sells these untis so hopefully he will sstill have sum in about a week when i get taxes back

Country Boy
01/23/2005, 06:13 PM
If i can get rid of 3 power heads outta my tank for ONE unsightly TUNZE stuck on my glass, I still think it would be worth it..lol

Charlie Davidson
01/23/2005, 08:48 PM
Get the auto shut off, it is a great thing to have if you prepare water ahead of time! Saw your post- but you got good feed back- mine was not nessary!
hope standard filters fit/ for replacement?

Charlie Davidson
01/23/2005, 09:01 PM
AS for power heads, I have 3- 950gpm, 2- 600(?)gpm and 3- 400 gpm. and I threw away 5 or 6 not worth repair! I did spend enoungh for Tunze pumps!

Country Boy
01/23/2005, 09:09 PM
Whew the things we do for our Tanks... I just bought 2 400 GPH Pumps on ebay to replace to that i think were Dying. I cleaned them and cleaned them and they just didnt seem to push any water.

I get tired of buying things just to " GET ME BY" until i can afford the real thing, but i figured its easyier than looseing everything. I wish I could win the LOTTO and just have a chunk of money to throw down and do the whole thing Perfect.

Charlie Davidson
01/23/2005, 09:57 PM
You need at least 2-250w/ 12k bulbs or better. (unless you have some artinic). 10k if you have VHO artinic.

I have 2 unused 400 MH ballast, so I need none. I wish there was a 400w 12-15 k bulb! I plan to go coralvue, they seem to be much better than XM, even in the long run.

Anyone local got used 400w 10k- 20k CV bulbs , I would to try them!!??

will_w
01/23/2005, 10:03 PM
Country Boy, I just ordered the RO/DI unit that you have listed. It shipped the other day. I hope to get it this week. I will let you know how it is.

will_w
01/23/2005, 10:04 PM
By the way, when I talked to the guy at filter direct he had plenty.

Country Boy
01/23/2005, 10:07 PM
awsome, let me know what ya think when u get it..

AQUAN8TOR
01/23/2005, 10:25 PM
just PM me with what you're looking for.

strictly marine
01/24/2005, 07:52 AM
Charlie, I might have a used one for you to tryout. 20k. I have to wait till dave sends me my new bulbs before I can let you use the 20k

griffey83
01/24/2005, 05:16 PM
Charlie, sorry about not responding quicker, it has been so long I bet you forgot the question I am answering.

I got my stream at x-mas time and boy am I happy that I got one. What a difference it has made with the flow in my tank, but I must add, it was a costly addition. And for that reason, I looked around at a bunch of different places and found that marinedepot.com was the best deal for me. They price matched any competitors price, online that is, and offered it with free shipping. With it being so pricey I found it to be very important to shop around and make sure I was getting the best price I possible could.

I have also had excellent customer service from MD so I am not afraid to order from them. I have found that if there is a problem with something that they sold me they will work with directly with me in getting the company to honor the product and they seem to have much more pull in getting that done with some companies.

My advice to all is to shop around