PDA

View Full Version : BTA expanding and touching....

SeaSaltyDog
12/14/2001, 10:09 AM
mushroom anemone and button polyps. The mushroom used to pull back from the side that touched the bta. Now the bta does not extend its tentacles on the side that is touching the mushroom. The mushroom has a whitish color where it has been touching the bta. The button polyps do not seem to be efected other than some of them do not open where they are being touched by the bta. The bta does not seem to be bothered by the polyps. Should I move the mushroom and the polyps away from the bta? I can not move the bta he goes where he wants and has been in the same spot for about 6 months and seems very happy there with the exception of the mushroom.

Thanks
Robbie

puma
12/27/2001, 11:57 AM
Hi, i have the same question, my anemone is very closer to discosomas and some times it retracts its tentacles. Is the anemones in danger, my tank is full of mushrooms:rolleyes:

Happy holydays

Carlos
12/27/2001, 08:29 PM
Move the shrooms and see what happens. This hobby is also part trial and error.

Carlos

puma
12/28/2001, 09:44 AM
Dit it Carlos and it seems to work, the anemone feels better.

Thank you.:lol:

puma
12/30/2001, 05:59 PM
Anemone expands just for a short time and then desapiert, its that wrong?:eek1:

Ironreef
12/30/2001, 09:12 PM
your not over feeding? Do you feed? do you have good lighting good water? I would think the anemone would simply move is the shroom bothered it? seems when mine gets alot to eat it retracts for the night. Any fish bothering it?

puma
12/30/2001, 11:18 PM
Ligths OK, MH 10000°K and PC.
Warter its just great.
Two clowns.
I feed her once a week.
Shes not bleach.

:confused: What´s going on?:confused:

So i guess its normal:rolleyes: