PDA

View Full Version : Soldier sentence.

LawnTodd
01/15/2005, 11:32 PM
I know its not reef related but.... The soldier who served our country got 10 long years in prison for the Abu Ghraib prison situation. I think thats ridiculous. If it wasn't for the liberal media this patriot would still be serving proudly. I think we should leave politics out of this and let them do their job. Do you think the Iraqi terorist that beheaded our fellow Americans were sent to jail for war crimes?

45commando
01/16/2005, 12:26 PM
Hi,I don't think the guy should of got 10 years either,but the US government is trying to set an example to save US & Allied lives.The soldiers involved were idiots for photographing what went on,& even more insane for allowing those pictures to get leaked out.It is the usual old story,that the guys at the front have to reap the wirlwind of what some rear echelon person decided to do for fun.I know Iraq won't treat our POW's the same as we SHOULD(I was over there in 1991 the first time around & saw what they did),but that is what makes us what we are or should be.Obviously prisoners(ours or theirs)will be interrogated,but to humiliate them for fun & to put our troops in more danger as a result is disgusting to me.Ok just had to vent,I'll get off my soapbox now,regards,Darcy.

"Don't die for your country-Make the enemy die for his"...one of the mottos of my unit.

Ludwigia73
01/18/2005, 09:19 AM
"The US Army gives the enemy every opportunity possible to die for his country"

MrYenko
01/18/2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Ludwigia73
"The US Army gives the enemy every opportunity possible to die for his country"

Sometimes they're not quite so willing... Thats why we have the US Marine Corps.