PDA

View Full Version : LTA colour

firechild
12/12/2001, 04:03 AM
I recently purchased a purple Macrodactyla doreensis and it seems that all of these that are available in Sydney are pure white with purple tips. I have seen them live for quite a while in tanks at the LFS with no apparant ill effects. To me white means bleeched, am I wrong in this assumption with regard to this species? If not how long would it take for the anemone to colour up under a 150W 10K lamp? I feed white bait every 2nd or 3rd day.
Cheers,
FC

BRW
12/12/2001, 12:50 PM
The LTA that I purchased was very white except for the column which was a nice red color. Since March of this year the LTA disk and tentacles have colored up nicely to a deep maroon/brown color and only the very tips show any semblance of white/gray occasionally. The LTA went through stages of darker and darker gray with green tint to get to this color and with actinics only turned on you can still see a green hue. I have 400W 6500K MHs and this one has clearly moved out underneath a lamp. Read my other posts here on choosing clowns for M. doreensis to get more information. HTH. JME.