PDA

View Full Version : Need CHEATO anyone?

orionsmamma
01/12/2005, 01:06 AM
I've got quite a bit of this stuff that I just trimmed. It was just getting too big for my little hang on fuge. There are bristle worms; pods, and some little un-identified snails (these have never harmed anything in my tank, and I usually only see them at night) Also; Some grape calpura (spelling?) somehow snuck into my cheato. I dunno where it came from; but its there, and not too easy to seperate.

If ya want some let me know soon; I've got it sitting in a bucked with water; but I am not too sure how long it will last like that.

Donna

the Undone guy
01/12/2005, 11:58 AM
that grape junk snuck into my cheato!!! who do we have to blame for this?=P

opihi
01/12/2005, 02:55 PM
D: did you get that chaeto from me? i had some grape and feather in my fuge at a time. it could have hitchhiked in with the chaeto balls i was giving away.

orionsmamma
01/12/2005, 05:37 PM
Yep I sure did! Now, what harm can I cause if I broke the grape? I remember reading something regarding not breaking it...but I'm not sure.

orionsmamma
01/12/2005, 05:37 PM
I'm gonna toss this stuff if somebody dosnt speak up before the nights over.

opihi
01/12/2005, 06:16 PM
Anthony said that it'll leech all the nutrients back into the water as it's a single cell algae. how much damage depends on the amount of caulerpa you've got an your system.

FWIW

orionsmamma
01/12/2005, 07:38 PM
Yikes! Well, I broke of a small piece of in while it was still in my fuge, but took it all out not too long after. It was mainly in one corner, so I tried to cut it all out of the cheato. This was last night; and my tank still looks great. I'l have to keep an eye on it.

I'm gonna toss what I have left; I dont think anyone will want it now.

Thanks Jeff!