PDA

View Full Version : AB Spacelight shell for sale (dual DE pendant)

manderx
01/10/2005, 04:39 PM
i have the shell from my old AB spacelight (it's actually a 'starlight future' but everyone seems to recognize the spacelight name better).

http://foresters-inc.com/mander/spacelight.jpg

it came with 2 250w DE fixtures with built in ballasts. i had it apart once to try to move the bulbs closer together and noticed the wires were all cracked and about to catch fire from all the heat from the bulbs plus built in ballasts, so i dissassembled it, hoping to eventually wire it with external ballasts. i'll probably never get around to it, so it's for sale.

it's white (nice powder-coat finish), 4' long, with the sockets, reflectors, glass shields, and hanging cables (which are *very* nice- they work just like a speedfit). it's made of extruded aluminum, so without the mag ballasts inside it should have no problem at all shedding heat (though i would recommend heat-proof wiring on the inside). everything in the inside mounts on rails that run the length, so you can mount the bulbs (or anything else) anywhere along the length. it also has a cutout/blue filter for a moonlight in the middle (it was originally a 40w incandescent bulb). i can also include 2 8 month old AB 10Ks that should have at least 8-12 months left on them.

it gives the ultimate open-top look. it would be great in a store (i'll take store credit instead of cash), or frag tank to make it easy to work in.

you will need 2 ballasts, a few feet of heat-resistant wiring for the inside and wires to go to the ballasts.

i'd like to get $175 for it, and am not willing to ship it (paranoid about the glass). i can deliver it to richmond or roanoke though, or anwhere else within ~2 hours of blacksburg.

mbort
01/10/2005, 10:22 PM
I wish I had a 4' cube (well, 24" deep) to put this on...

Moretank
01/11/2005, 12:32 AM
YGPM.