PDA

View Full Version : Directions to MMR

Waterbury Guy
01/10/2005, 02:35 PM
Was going to head there after work today for the frist time. I called for directions, and they had be getting of at Exit 16. I know that ain't right. Can someone give me directions coming from 89 S? Preferably driving directions and not a map ( I have no navagational skills).

tsalter
01/10/2005, 03:22 PM
Hey, Yeah you can get off 89S at 16 but you really should get off at exit 17 the islands/milton exit. Get off the interstate take a left on route 2 and then a left on route 7 follow route 7 till you pass mcdonalds on your left. route 7 turns left ahead but you want to go straight/slightly right leaving route 7 the entrance to Hanifords will be on the right if you have gone too far. You will come to a very quick three way stop. You want to take a right on middle rd. MMR is in a shopping plaza on the right. if you get to middle road market you have gone to far.

have fun

Tom

SHOmuchFUN
01/10/2005, 03:44 PM
Easiest way is to probably get off at exit 17... The Champlain islands/Milton exit.

Take a left off the off-ramp and at the light, take another left onto Rt. 7

Follow route 7 for a little while. You'll pass a few old used-car dealerships and come to a left-hand curve.

On your right, you'll see a fairly large street sign that says "BOMBARDIER DR/RD/ST". Take that right and follow it all the way to the end where you have to stop. You'll see some rec fields and a municipal building.

Take a left onto what I believe is Middle Rd. MMR is on your left (I believe it's your 2nd left after the gas station). It's a little commercial building with SHOWTIME VIDEO. If you see the bowling alley, you've gone too far.

Hope this helps.
Anybody else add/subtract anything. This was all from my head.

-Erik

SHOmuchFUN
01/10/2005, 03:45 PM
Whooops...
Tom beat me to it.

Either way works, it's up to you.

Waterbury Guy
01/10/2005, 03:52 PM
Thanks!!!!

hands40
01/11/2005, 09:15 AM
When are they open till? And how is their livestock and the pricing?? Comparable to online??

Just wondering, I will get up there at some point.

SHOmuchFUN
01/11/2005, 09:23 AM
I'll only comment as I'm in sporadically, so it may be a good indication as to what you might find if you just drop-in.

I've always found that they have a decent amount of livestock. It's usually the typical clowns, gobies, and a few tangs. On occasions they'll stock something that is a little more uncommon. They'd be right up your alley in the fact that they have a lot of softie/LPS corals. Their SPS selection is modest. I'll usually stick with online vendors for SPS corals though.

Others will definitely chime in who visit more frequently.

Waterbury Guy
01/11/2005, 09:32 AM
Yesterday was my first time in. I buy RO water from the LFS, I found them to be slightly cheaper (but not worth the drive for me just for H20). I thought they had a decent fish/invert selection, and lots of softies. The lady who helped me seemed genuinely friendly and interested in my tank. Was interested in a cleaner wrasse and she talked me out of it as they were new, and not fairing very well. Thought that was a plus. I did pick up a purple firefish. Also spoke to her about my algae problems, she took some notes and said the other owner would try and get back to me, and to bring in a water sample to be tested for free.

They also had a sea hare in, but too big for my tank. Anyone have experience with these. Thought it may help my algae problem, however I'd perfer to stop the cause of the algae.

tsalter
01/11/2005, 09:45 AM
I bought a sea hare for my tank. I am not sure about the purchase. They are supposed to eat gracilaria in nature. red algae. I have some in my tank and it hasn't touched it. it does scour the rocks and it hides alot of the time. which freaked me out because I didn't think something that big could be hidden in my 65. So far so good. I was hoping it would eat my valonia. not sure if it has or not. I am going to put some nori in the tank to see if it will eat that. I would just hate for something that big to die in the tank somewhere i couldn't get at it. I am going to put himher in the sump/fuge in a little while so he will be easy to get out and if himher inks or something it will be easy to isolate.

T

I'll keep ya posted.