PDA

View Full Version : Going to have a tank sale.

stevemc
01/10/2005, 12:59 PM
Hey all, sorry I havent been here in a while. I am getting divorced and am seperated from my wife and not living at home. Selling off all my tanks and tank stuff. I dont have the email listed under my info. New email (work email) smcadoo@scgov.net . I get this at work, and check it often. I have a 125 gallon RR All Glass about a year old, stand and hood, 4 110 actinc VHOs and ballasts, 2 250 watt MH 20K, and 1 175 10K all with ballasts, Red Sea Berlin XL modified skimmer w/ different venturi and mag 7 pump. Work great, and quiet. Live Bahama sand(Rocky picked up some years ago in Ft Pierce) with worms and stuff, some purple encrusted live rock, M. digitata green-some very bright green, blue tip thick acro colony, several zoos colonies, and several frags of green table acros, blue tip thin acros, and several more. Blue and purple sponges,Purple feather gorgonian, Coral beauty, and Jackknife fish. Both great with coral. Astrea snails many. 2 kinds of Halimida. 4 types of Lysmata shrimp maybe 15 total and 1 red thumper type mantis shrimp -finger size, and 3 2 inch long and 2-3 1 inch long pistol shrimp. many blueleg hermits. 2 1200 internal Rio pumps. 55 gallon glass sump w/ plexi dividers. Quiet. Also 110 Oceanic 6 ft long, with stand and hood, 2 110 VHO actinics, and 2 250 watt Iwasakis. Air stone skimmer and brand new 1800 external pump(200$). 25 gallon glass sump plumbed into Plexi wet dry(no bio balls) about 30 gallons, with trays etc. Many plants in sump, Caleurpa, and Chateomorpha, mangroves pistol shrimps and blue leghermits. 5 or 6 30 gallon breeders that are hooked up and running, several 30 regulars as sumps, and a Mag 12 for circulation. Plywood and 2X4 shelves for above, and some 2x4 shelves for other tanks. Quite a bit of shade cloth for a greenhouse/coral house, about 500 square feet maybe more. Quite a few 10/20/29/30 tall show,tanks for hospital etc tanks. Aqua Medic Calcium reactor without plumbing tubes, seems to be fine. pump works. Needs external pump and tubes. 25 watt UV sterilizer new(several months old) bulb. I dont use it. Quite a few 250 watt bulbs barely used-Iwasaki, 20K XM, 250 Corallife 20K?- didnt look like XM 20K. I would like to sell both big tanks as a unit each, everything else can be broken up. Also have tons of nets,test kits, 30 lbs of water purification grade Calium Hydroxide lime(see Randy Farleys write up on Lime in this months magazine here. Good stuff-the best. 60 gallon blue barrels-3. Maybe 200 lbs of Bahamas sand fine in bags. Bunch of live rock with varing amounts of coralline. Email me or PM or respond back here. I will get photos of everything. Just dont have them yet. The 110 and all that goes with it, I would like to get 500 OBO. The 125 I would like to get 700 OBO. 30s 15 each. other 5-20 each. Shoot me an offer or take a look. Have a trailer to move for whomever buys.

Agu
01/10/2005, 09:04 PM
Steve,

Don't know if you're in a position to do this, but when I moved I had a garage sale/open house where people were free to show up and buy whatever interested them. Obviously livestock went first, followed by rock, sand, and equipment. Misc was setup just like a garage sale. If you put out word to the Sarasota, Tampa, and Orlando clubs you might be surprised how much stuff will move.

And btw, doing my moderator thing (sorry) items for sale are supposed to have fixed prices, but I'll pretend I didn't see that part ;).

Good Luck,

Agu

stevemc
01/10/2005, 09:12 PM
Agu, sounds good. Yes, I know I am not supposed to have an auction, and selling price is only what someone will give you. I will not put OBO next time, Thanks.;) . Sorry i havent replied back to you, in the past, I quess the first few lines in the ad explained it. Do you need any small tanks? I may have a garage sale for the little stuff thats left, and the shade cloths and shelves. Eventually I will sell the house, at first I plan to try myself, but might list it if that doesnt work out. I'll let you know about that. Steve.

flatzboy
01/10/2005, 09:35 PM
I interested in sps frags, how much for all of them. Also would you part out your 2x250 watt metal halides once you sell the corals? What kind of ballast is it?

flatzboy
01/10/2005, 09:38 PM
Also i'm in venice so pisking up won't be a problem.

stevemc
01/10/2005, 11:01 PM
flatzboy, the 125 whole set up is spoken for. I will keep you in line in case that falls through though. Steve in Sarasota.

flatzboy
01/11/2005, 12:21 AM
They are taking the coral to or not?

JackiinFl
01/11/2005, 02:56 AM
How much are you looking for for the 110 Just tank and stand ? I was not sure if you were parting out but I thought it would be worth a try.

stevemc
01/11/2005, 06:55 AM
Flatzboy, I think he wants the coral-everything. Jackinfl, did you want the 110 light hood and lights,tank and stand, no sumps or pumps? Let me know, as several have inquired. Steve.

myakkareef
01/11/2005, 09:14 AM
Dang Steve sorry for your troubles...Hope all goes well. If you can make a list of what else is available after the initial rush that would be great..Or if you have a garage sale let me know by email or pm...I had only met you the one time at Brians but found it wild that you used to live around the corner from us out in Mossy Hammock. Keep your head up Bro and hopefully we will see you at a meeting in the future, I know the hobby is hard to totally give up but you have the knowledge to make it work so you'll be back...

sandman12
01/11/2005, 11:07 AM
You've got to be kidding.....Man this really sucks. So will u be able to set-up a 30g or something? So does this mean ur out of the hobby for good? Very sorry to hear this. Let me know if u have any livestock left, i will try to come by if u do.

Thanks
James

sandman12
01/11/2005, 11:49 AM
I would be interested in sand,crabs,and snails so let me know how much and i will try to stop by this weekend.

JackiinFl
01/11/2005, 04:30 PM
I already have everything needed except the tank and stand. Looking to see what you are looking to get for just the 2 pieces.thanks

stevemc
01/13/2005, 10:42 AM
I am not out for good, just right now, and I do plan to keep going to both ACROS and TBRC meetings. I have sold off everything 30 and 25 years ago, to move to Hawaii, to move back from Hawaii, to go to diesel school etc, but I will be back into it after all this, just cant carry it around with me for now. Its just stuff thats taken me 20 years to accumulate. I've sold off probably 75 aquariums in the last 5 years, so this is just a drop in the bucket, but I loved the 2 big tanks. And the corals were taking off. But its just stuff. Someday I will start over. Thanks for the cares, I'm doing OK. Steve.

sandman12
01/13/2005, 12:39 PM
Steve, can i stop by this saturday? I would like to get some snails, hermits,sand, and that green house sheeting, and any corals (and iam sure mroe once i see everything).

Thanks
James
milkmanf12@aol.com

stevemc
01/13/2005, 01:34 PM
James, the 125 with all critters is spoken for - once the money is in hand I will know. As for the greenhouse cloth, will your folks allow you to contruct a greenhouse? If so I have all the cloth and shelves to set one up. And can help you do it. Ask them and get back with me. Tell your mom she can grow orchids in it too. If so I will bring it by in a trailer, its a huge roll that weighs a couple hundred pounds. And if you need some shelves I definatly will need to bring them in a trailer. Steve. I am at work and will check here occaisionally.

sandman12
01/13/2005, 02:17 PM
So all the snails/crabs/sand is in the 125? As for the greehouse, i just want to start on a small scale for now (15'x15') with geothermal cooling. It should be fairly cheap to construct teh actual green house right? 2x4's, the screening, and cement for the most part. What size PVC and how many feet of it would i use for the geothermal cooling? I would really want to start a bigger one after college as a career.

Thanks
James

sandman12
01/13/2005, 06:41 PM
Steve, u got PM

sandman12
01/14/2005, 05:10 PM
Steve, Tommorow is coming soon and want to know if we can arrange something with the greenhouse material. YGP wiht my number.

Thanks
James

Pete Starostecki
01/20/2005, 08:16 AM
Any update? You sort of fell off the face of the Earth there.

stevemc
01/22/2005, 09:42 AM
Sorry, IT at work put in new computers and I havent been able to get back. I took some pictures last night and can email some pics of the 55, 125 and 110, to anyone who would like to see them. Shop is open again. Steve.

stevemc
01/22/2005, 09:43 AM
Also, how do I put pictures into my gallery?

mustang51js
01/22/2005, 09:55 AM
what are you looking to get for the 250w bulbs

flatzboy
01/29/2005, 10:45 AM
So every thing is back up for sale? If so I would be intrested in your sps... How much would you like for all of them?

flatzboy
01/30/2005, 03:54 PM
Never mind my post i'll probably be selling my setup soon.

biglou
02/04/2005, 05:08 PM
not sure I follow, what fell through? DB

papawheelie
02/08/2005, 09:46 PM
You have PM