PDA

View Full Version : cultures please

j's55
01/08/2005, 06:57 PM
Hey I am starting a gorgonian tank. I want to start a new culture batch of Rotifers and phyto. I am experienced with it so I know what to do. I just moved here so I want to get my culters going before I set up my tank. I am in wellington and I could pick them up. Thanks Josh.

j's55
01/09/2005, 05:54 PM
well I just moved here and every one at home did this kind of stuff. If you know what I am talking about do you know where I could find them. I am also looking for some LFS's to can you help me there?

GregM779
01/15/2005, 12:30 AM
In the Wellington Area, Kookaburras is on the corner of Southern and 441, their fish are usually sick and they don't have much of a coral selection. If you head east there is CoralSea on Military and Cherry (near Belvedere) 6846411. I would try them out really good corals usually gets shipments wednesdays.

daywn
01/15/2005, 12:51 PM
I go to coral sea about once a week.Nice store and clean.Good varity.Always busy,very busy on shipment day.If they don't have it,he'll order it for you if he can find it.

daywn
01/15/2005, 12:56 PM
Have you been to the new store in the publix's shopping plaza on the corner of foresthill and southshore(i think it's southshore).Never been there,just wondering if anybody else has.
Thanks Paul

mickey57
01/15/2005, 01:23 PM
...Here is what you want.Paul is a great guy.I was at his home last week and got the full tour.
..........http://www.aquaculturestore.com/
.........Mickey

j's55
01/15/2005, 10:29 PM
Thaks that is what I was looking for.

Hey greg I love stewie he rocks "world domination world domination"

what is the place by publix called I live down the road from there.

Kookaburras sucks for fish but my moms friend has lots of birds a cockatoo, sun conure, and a large avieary in her back yard with love birds and cockatiels. They looked like they did not specilize on fish and there wasnt anything I wanted except the velvet nudibranches.

daywn
01/16/2005, 09:06 AM
I think it's call seascape designs.

j's55
01/16/2005, 11:22 AM
K I will check it out I live on green veiw and south shore I think well not far from it.

daywn
01/22/2005, 08:42 PM
I stopped by there and it didn't impress me.

j's55
01/23/2005, 02:17 PM
I was going to but I don't know the addys around here and it is not the publix I was talking about.

Clarkii Tu
02/08/2005, 10:37 PM
Jewels from the Sea - now located 2561 Foresthill Blvd, but they are moving to Foresthill and Jog the end of March. They had hurricane damage and recently just reopened. It use to be a real eye sore type of place, still is from the outside. I was shocked last weekend when I visited the store. Total remodel, all new tanks, clean. I bought a nice size rock that was covered with fluorescent green mushrooms for $29 and I also have a small freshwater planted aquarium, they sell the best fresh water plants around and the best variety.. that I know of anyway..

j's55
02/10/2005, 08:45 PM
thanks I will check it out.

Clarkii Tu
02/10/2005, 09:12 PM
Forgot to mention why he's moving, seems senseless after remodeling. But the landlord like doubled his rent, thinking he wouldn't move out. Feel sorry for the guy.. just reopened in January since the hurricanes and now has to pack everything up again and re set up down the street. But, I don't feel that bad for him obviously he's making money which IM glad he is, need the local competition and plus he's moving closer to us. Dry goods I always buy them off the Internet and out of the State of Florida, save on the sales tax, helps if you have to pay shipping.

j's55
02/11/2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks I thaught the only pet store near me was kookaburras but the are not very good.