PDA

View Full Version : A florida alliance/co-op ?

scubadude
01/07/2005, 02:20 PM
I have purchased the domain www.coralfarmers.com for the sole purpose of backing up our prized possesions. I have come to know more and more hobbyist that seem to utilize certain corals that have comfort zones in their tanks. How many times have you lost a coral because of elect. outages or other reasons beyond your control? What if you had say 6+ frags in other aquarist tanks of that coral? then wouldnt it be a great insurance policy for you? And what if you had 6+ different frags of others that where in this alliance in your tank? I am looking for others that have multiple corals and are propagating on a normal level(rare or hard to find) that want to participate in this. I am willing to split the cost of the site equally amongst all farmers but would like to review their list of corals and pictures before agreeing to acceptance, as well as the other members of the alliance agreeing to acceptance. Can you imagine how much more exciting a State wide frag trade could be with this kind of utlization? You can view this site which is still in its early stages of growth and I hope for it to be a global site for farmers eventually but want to start small

Let me know if your interested.

FragGuy
01/07/2005, 04:09 PM
Rock,

I'm interested. Give us more details when you have them.

Rafael
The Coral Nursery (TCN)
http://www.thecoralnursery.com/newsite

chrisaggie
01/07/2005, 05:13 PM
Count me in Rocky, what do you need? Pictures of corals?

Juan-Carlos
01/07/2005, 10:01 PM
My man Rocky your alive!! when are we going diveing?!

-Jc

scubadude
01/08/2005, 12:16 AM
LOL....I knew all 3 of you guys would be in like flynn!

Rafael,
your already up on the site, but by all means send me updated pics if you have them. I need everyones email too, I reformatted my HD on my computer so I lost some emails.

Chris,
I know you have been aggressively searching for rare frags keep it up bro! Yes send me pics and an itemized description of you and your tanks...pics of frag tanks are good too...dont be shy with your pics we want everyone to see where their frags are gonna be. email me your phone numbers too bro

JC,
Im gonna be planning a trip down there within the next few months and hopefully will be spending a few days down there. I definately want to hook up with you and Luis! Email me your digits as well as luis's and you guys phone numbers. As far as diving goes any time I come over to you guys coast I always throw my dive gear in the truck....So dont worry I will be ready :D

Rogger Castells
01/08/2005, 02:14 AM
Rocky, this sounds like a great idea, too bad I am just starting my SPS tank to be able to be a contributor, however, I may be able to host the website for a cheaper price than commercial places, I host my own website out of a web server with plenty of extra space. Let me know if this could be of any value.
Rogger

scubadude
01/08/2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Rogger Castells
I host my own website out of a web server with plenty of extra space. Let me know if this could be of any value.
Rogger

WOW, Thanks Rogger :)

However I do have a host already and they have been more than fair to me and I will continue to stay loyal to them as a customer.

Treeman
01/09/2005, 08:34 PM
Hey Rocky,

I think this is a great idea. But I don't think I have anything at this time that you guys woud be intereted in. I am really trying to do mostly soft corals anyway. Maybe that would work to.

Count me in if you guys want to.

Matt

scubadude
01/10/2005, 01:09 PM
I was hoping you would want in Matt :) Ya know I think this will have alot to do with how involved you are in the hobby to, and you definately qualify Matt! Im still working out the specifics so give me some time and I will update this asap. I will call you....have to call you anyway :P