PDA

View Full Version : Baby Banggai Cardinals!!!!

Mickster
12/09/2001, 03:11 AM
Okay, so I look into my tank the other night and I see a baby banggai cardinal. The baby is about the size of a pencil eraser. I noticed that one of the larger banggai's mouth is larger than the normal. All of a sudden I see that it has MORE baby fish in its mouth!!!!! The baby fish is an exact replica of the parent.

My question is:

1. What are the odds of the baby fish surviving? The fellow tank mates are two tangs, yellow watchman, 2 maroon percs, lawnmower, mandarin, and dwarf lion(this lion only will NOT eat fish)!

2. How often will my banggai's mate??

thank you,

rldavis
12/09/2001, 10:50 PM
Mickster,

Congratulations!! Unfortunately I don't personally know a whole lot about breeding these fish or their survival in a mixed system, but I seem to remember that people have done it. I guess just keep an eye on things and hope for the best. I'm guessing that the parents will protect them as long as they can. If they don't make it then I guess you can consider them free food.:eek:

Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going.

Becky

Kyle McClain
12/13/2001, 11:04 AM
mick

lets set up a rearing tank, these fish survive very well, and are worth a lot of money, you would be able to trade them for a ton of stuff, if you want you can put them in my refugium untill you have a tank up for them, then we can transfer them back.

Kyle

Kyle McClain
12/15/2001, 11:40 PM
How are those babies doing ?

K

Mickster
12/16/2001, 02:12 PM
:( according to the other fish in the tank the babies were YUMMY.

I recieved your reply too late. I will hold you to that offer next time. I've heard that they spawn often!!! Hey, mind if I stop by to see your tank? I was in a rush last time I was over there.

Mickey

Lilgrasshopper
12/18/2001, 10:41 AM
I was in Houston this weekend and they sell Banghi Cardinals for 12.99. Isn't that a good deal? Heck they had this Dragon Wrass for 23.99...very cool fish but of course not Reef safe. Oh, the Deresa Clams about 4" across were 24.99. Man, I was tempted but don't have a tank setup yet.

DrkShadow
12/18/2001, 11:56 AM
Join the croud Lilgrasshopper, mine's not setup yet either. Going to take my plans to get sump built today, skimmer on the way and should have stand Wed. All that's left is canopy and lights :D

Don Davis
12/18/2001, 02:58 PM
All that's left is canopy and lights

ROFLMAO!!!

DrkShadow, you really think that's all that's left?:D :D :D

Later,

Don