PDA

View Full Version : Jan meeting...

SHOmuchFUN
01/06/2005, 10:56 AM
Well everybody else posted their meeting, so I might as well post mine...

Looks like the Jan. meeting will be at my place if there is a favorable attendance and if the weather cooperates. I live in Montpelier, so it is one of the further meeting destinations but is only really about a half hour or so from Burlington.

Please list any dates that work for you...
I was thinking that Saturday Jan. 29th would be a good date.

If anybody else has a better suggestion, let me know and maybe we can work something out!

Also post any possible meeting topics you'd like to discuss.

Brad A.
01/06/2005, 06:43 PM
i wont be able to be there. I'm incarcerated until feb 18th!

Got busted drilling in fed protected wild life refuge.

lamphere
01/06/2005, 08:11 PM
i'll be there. Sat. would work awesome.

SHOmuchFUN
01/07/2005, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Brad A.
i wont be able to be there. I'm incarcerated until feb 18th!

Got busted drilling in fed protected wild life refuge.

That's no excuse... Sounds like you need a better lawyer.
You'll see my tank someday...

fishfarmer
01/08/2005, 04:52 PM
That day won't work for me, I'll be flying to Florida:cool: .

lamphere
01/08/2005, 07:36 PM
I might be able to bring a clump of xenia to swap if someone wants to trade.

SHOmuchFUN
01/08/2005, 07:53 PM
Well, if this day doesn't work for you, give me a day that does... There's no real point in having a meeting if there's only going to be a person or two at it...

MikeInVT
01/08/2005, 08:45 PM
Hey Guys,

Mike and Aly here, we're fairly new to saltwater tanks. We ran into Brad at the Milton Mini-Reef today and he recommended that we hop in these forums and try to make some of the meetings. I think that the 29th would work for us.

Brad A.
01/08/2005, 08:52 PM
Let us know if you have any questions about reefkeeping.

SHOmuchFUN
01/09/2005, 12:53 AM
Welcome Mike and Aly, I was there at the Milton Mini-Reef as well... Glad to see that you logged on!

I'm originally from Essex, but am now in Montpelier. If you have any questions, feel free to start your own thread. I hope to see you on the 29th.

-Erik

Waterbury Guy
01/10/2005, 09:53 AM
Sorry I'm late chiming in on this. The 29th will work for me.

SHOmuchFUN
01/10/2005, 10:00 AM
It's not late until the 30th :D

SHOmuchFUN
01/10/2005, 04:19 PM
So far the list is as follows:
Myself
Mike L.
Mike and Aly
Scott

Definite "NO'S"
Brad
Al

I'm going to be in town again on Wednesday. I'll print out the flyers and place them in their appropriate places.

As for meeting topic(s):
I was thinking of just doing the typical frag swap, introduction.
Q/A's
Maybe talk about the kalk reactor design for feb's meeting
Interest in MASNA certification.

Let me know of anything you'd like to specifically address.
-Erik

SHOmuchFUN
01/11/2005, 08:22 PM
Looks like Ethan (Hands40) is in...

How about the Tom's?
I'll E-mail Bob Szrzcsvzerezerzback :lol:

Anybody else?

tsalter
01/11/2005, 09:36 PM
Hard telling not knowing for me. I will try to make it though.

T

Waterbury Guy
01/11/2005, 09:38 PM
I have a Pavona I got from Patrick a couple months ago. It's not fairing well in my tank. Anyone want it?

SHOmuchFUN
01/13/2005, 01:12 PM
You can bring it. I'm sure I have room to put it... How big is it? What color? They're typically brown, aren't they?

Waterbury Guy
01/13/2005, 02:07 PM
Cool, thanks. Yea it's brown, not the prettiest thing in the world. Maybe it would look nice after it's revived a bit. I'd say it's about 4" x 3". Just hate to see it dwindle away.

SHOmuchFUN
01/19/2005, 10:12 PM
Anybody else coming?
I have quite a few frags of SPS available. Some of you already have them, but I could get them out of my tank.

I have frags of:
Robusta
Teal Nobilis
Purple Digita (x2)
Pink Digitata (small piece)
Green Star Polyps
Mushrooms (if I can detach them from rock)
RBTAs (again, if I can detach them)

If anybody has any softies to trade, I could use some for my nano that is in the process of cycling. Anything that'll work in ~4.5w/gal of PC lighting.

Waterbury Guy
01/20/2005, 10:20 AM
I have some green star polyps, or possibly some pink w/ orange button polyps, or some xenia. LMK

WOuld anything you've listed do OK under 220W PCs?

SHOmuchFUN
01/20/2005, 10:36 AM
The mushrooms and purple digitata will probably do alright. The digitata may lose it's purple tips, but I started out with that piece in your similar lighting environment. The mushrooms will change color, but if I remember correctly, they were a much brighter blue color under PCs. Brad or Tom B. may remember what color they were in Todd's reef, because they were originally on a piece of Todd's rock.

Some people disagree, but the RBTA may live if you feed it. I don't know if it'd be a responsible decision though.

Waterbury Guy
01/20/2005, 10:47 AM
I'll check out the digitata. I have brown right now (was brown when I got it). Gots plenty of shrooms. Don't think I want to deal with a RBTA.

rszczerb
01/20/2005, 03:53 PM
Saturday the 29th looks OK for me. What time?

Bob

SHOmuchFUN
01/20/2005, 05:29 PM
Hey Bob. Sorry I didn't get around to E-mail you.

I figure between 7 and 7:30 would be a good time.
Let me know if it works for you all.

-Erik

lamphere
01/23/2005, 01:05 PM
good for me

SHOmuchFUN
01/23/2005, 04:02 PM
Here are directions...

http://www.uvm.edu/~eengstro/directions.jpg

I dropped a flyer off at MMR today, but didn't get a chance to stop into the Pet Advantage. If someone wants to volunteer and print one out and post it at the P.A. That would be cool. Just PM me and I'll send you the link that will download it for you.

Pete Jaenecke
01/23/2005, 05:26 PM
Im In on coming up for the meeting. What frags are people looking for? If you look in my gallery there are some new pics that I took of corals that I could frag...Can wait to come up and meet/hang out with you all..Later Pete

SHOmuchFUN
01/23/2005, 11:04 PM
Cool Pete!

Is that blue poci, or stylo in that first pic in your gallery? If so, I'd take a piece of that. I could trade you a piece of my Robusta that is coloring up real nice. I also have a piece of teal nobilis that nobody has claimed as of yet. The nobilis is mounted, but I'd cut fresh frags of the Robusta.

SHOmuchFUN
01/26/2005, 12:22 PM
Updated list as follows:
Mike L.
Mike and Aly
Scott
Ethan
Bob
Pete
Bruce

What about the Tom's?

I have limited seating in the dining room, but we can spill over into the living room if we have to. Is everyone comfortable with the directions? If anybody has been in MMR, did you see the flyer?

Do we have a flyer in the Pet Advantage?
Oh well. I guess we'll go with what we got.

SHOmuchFUN
01/28/2005, 08:24 AM
Let me know if any of you have any questions... My cell # is 238-0775 and I can be reached at that, at any time.

Parking is on the side of the street, you can park anywhere on the street. From the street, I'm the apartment on the right #20.

Just got a couple new corals and a new clam yesterday. Things are looking good! Can't wait to see you all. Weather looks good, so there shouldn't be any weather related traffic worries.

SHOmuchFUN
01/28/2005, 02:18 PM
*ALSO*

If you plan on bringing a frag back with you, make sure you bring your own clean tupperware container. I don't have many, if any clean tupperware containers. I'm going to make up some extra saltwater to replenish water that leaves for frags, but I can't supply the containers. Sorry :(

Waterbury Guy
01/29/2005, 10:11 AM
I can scrape some green polyps off my galss if anyone wants some. LMK.

Brad A.
02/02/2005, 08:26 AM
How was the meeting?

SHOmuchFUN
02/02/2005, 08:32 AM
A bleek turnout, but saw some new faces with Ethan (Hands40) and Mike Lamphere and his wife. It was good to see them. Bob and Scott also showed up. So everyone that showed up had never seen my tank before, which was nice and we talked a bit.

Bob brought some pics of his tank and it looks great! Ethan left with some frags, and Scott got a piece of my pink dig and Bob got a nice piece of Robusta. We didn't talk much logistics of the club, because there were only a few of us there, so it remained mostly a show and tell.

Wish the others had made it, but it's tough getting everyone together.