PDA

View Full Version : Newcomer to salt/marine in Jacksonville and have a few questions...

1tankneverenuff
01/06/2005, 01:35 AM
What up everybody? I'd like to start getting into marine aquariums. I've only been dealing with freshwater since I started to get into the hobby, but I would like to step it up another level :D. I was wondering, would I be able to attend NFMAS meetings or are there certain requirements? I'm curious and want to learn more and more about the hobby. Let me know...

Thanks,
Ryan

grochmal
01/06/2005, 01:54 PM
Hey Ryan, welcome to Reef Central.
Everyone is welcome to attend our meetings, the more the merrier.
It's a good way to see what other people have going, and to learn as much as you can before making any purchases.

The biggest mistake most people make (myself included) is jumping into the hobby without doing enough research.
Then you end up buying equipment that doesn't suite your future goals and you have to buy replacements.

So, by all means come to the next meeting.
At the very least, it's being held at Rob's Reef new store so you 'll get to see the newest store in town!

1tankneverenuff
01/06/2005, 02:53 PM
Sweet, thanks for the reply Jeff! For now, I will definitely plan on attending the meeting. I know exactly where you're coming from when you talk about research too man. So far I haven't made that mistake with the aquariums I have now, but that's only freshwater...saltwater is something I hardly know anything about at all. But, that doesn't stop me! Hope to meet some of you guys at the meeting!

chiapet
01/06/2005, 05:41 PM
Books, books & more books...don't forget the Web research & peer groups.

1tankneverenuff
01/06/2005, 08:10 PM
It's especially tough for someone who prefers the oddballs such as myself...

chiapet
01/06/2005, 08:53 PM
Well then it seems that you have come to the right place!

1tankneverenuff
01/06/2005, 09:30 PM
That's exactly what I like to hear!

reefkeeps
01/30/2005, 12:03 PM
Count me in for the meeting as well!

My tanks gets here on Thursday, I have akiddy pool full of live rock ready for it!